We are currently not actively hiring for this role, but please register your interest and we will let you know when we are growing our Remote team again.
We're looking for detail-oriented, empathetic problem solvers to join our remote Customer Operations (COps) team.
At Monzo, we’re building a new kind of bank. One that lives in your smartphone and helps you take control of your money. We are always here to help as every customer gets access to 24/7 customer support through a quick call, social media, emails and our app 🚀
COps are the heart of Monzo ❤️
You'll be the first point of contact for any of our users who have questions, problems, feedback and compliments! COps are the face of Monzo and the main way our customers communicate with us.
We want to delight our customers in any way possible. Our mission is to make money work for everyone, and while having a great app is part of that, we pride ourselves on providing world-class support. By solving customers’ problems, treating them fairly and being totally transparent, we believe we can make banking better 💪
You’ll know how to fix problems on the spot 🔧
Every person in COps has the power to solve problems quickly and with minimal fuss. We’ll give you all the tools and training you need so you know exactly how payments systems actually work, and you’ll listen to customers’ concerns with positivity, empathy and patience. Then you’ll fix whatever’s up and stop it from happening again
You'll be the first point of contact for any of our users who have questions, problems, feedback and compliments!
What will you be doing day-to-day? 💬
- Providing the best customer support by talking directly and honestly with our customers, and developing a deep understanding of what our community really wants from a digital bank.
- Communicating with our customers through a variety of different mediums, based on our customers needs; whether that be through calls, social media platforms, email or in-app chat.
- Proactively spotting patterns in the frustrations or hopes of our customers, seeing where we can change our processes, tools or product to make them happier.
- Identifying customers who are in vulnerable situations and helping to figure out what steps we can take to support them.
- Working closely with our financial crime team to act as the first line of defence to help spot and investigate trends. Whilst investigating and making decisions about payments made on stolen cards, as well as looking into scam websites.
- Dealing with tricky payments-related queries; investigating missing transfers and Direct Debits, helping manage the customers who are switching to Monzo.
- Understanding, prioritising and escalating our customers' feedback and feature requests to the external product team (who build our app). Plus, being the first port of call for customer complaints to make sure that they're treated fairly and can share their thoughts and concerns.
- Supporting other members in the customer support team by being a point of escalation for other COps and mentoring new joiners. Plus making sure the rest of the company stays customer-focused and fixated on building the best bank account in the world.
After you're fully comfortable helping our customers, you'll have the opportunity to expand your knowledge in the various other areas of the COps team. This could range from helping out on social media to spending time with our Financial Crime specialists!
Your working life ☀️
The salary for this role is up to £22,750 a year (£11p/h) plus an allowance per year for working varying hours. All Monzo team members also get share options as part of their package – read more about what this means here.
You’ll be working from our Cardiff office on an ‘open availability’ contract basis, to make sure we are always here to help and allow 24/7 customer support through our calls, social media platforms, email or in-app chat. Your shift pattern will change on a weekly basis, starting no earlier than 6am and finishing no later than 10pm. Read more about the ins and outs of 'open availability' here.
✅ You should apply if:
- are a UK resident (live in the UK for at least 6 months of the year)
- have the right to work in the UK
- are over 18 years old
- care deeply about delighting our customers
- you're great at explaining things to people, and have flawless written English
- you delight in investigating awkward problems, getting to the root cause and fixing them
- you know your way around social networks, and technology interests you
- you're friendly and super organised
- you want to be part of the team that makes Monzo!
- are comfortable using a laptop
- you haven't applied and been unsuccessful within the last 6 months
🏡 To work remotely you'll also need:
- a quiet and private home working space
- a solid internet connection (download speed - 10mbps; upload speed -3 mbps)
The application process 🤝
- 🕑 Please allow 1-2 hours to complete this application
- 👀 Once you've submitted your application questions, we'll review along with your CV (there is no need to submit a Cover Letter, please use this time to answer the application questions instead).
- 🎉 If you're successful, we’ll invite you to an assessment day. At the assessment day you’ll have some one-on-one interviews and a collaborative task with a small group of other candidates.
- If all goes well, you'll join our small but growing team on a mission to make money work for everyone! 🚀
We are recruiting now for roles to start over the next few months, so even if you're not available to start at a later date - please still apply now!
You'll spend your first two weeks in training (Monday-Friday) between 09:00-18:00, but we can be flexible to fit your circumstances (like childcare or college courses) and we'll discuss with you how best to make this work.