At Monzo, we want to make money work for everyone. As we grow in customers, product lines and countries, we want are looking for people to help ensure that we are always building to handle scale and are resilient.
As a Governance and Resilience Lead, you will be assigned to a particular collective (internal team) and you will identify and manage risks across the company and be a trusted partner to business leads, product managers, engineers and our award winning customer service teams. They will turn to you for guidance on how to ensure we are not only compliant with regulations, but fostering a culture of rigorous thinking and careful controls that distinguish us in both banking and technology. This role would offer you the opportunity to get to know different parts of the business and make you a trusted advisor to our leadership team and our Board. This role falls within the first line of defence.
To succeed, you should be able to navigate the regulatory landscape, use data to shape your thinking and collaborate to build something bigger than yourself. You will be asked to weigh in on foundational questions about the sort of company that we grow to become, while meeting today’s needs. We'd want you to apply if you are underwhelmed by the status quo of banking and finance today and are interested in bringing your critical mind and grit to creating a better alternative.
You should apply if you:
- Are excited about helping Monzo scale in a compliant, thoughtful and controlled way
- Are happy to work within the first line of defence
- Would like to immerse yourself in parts of our work that deal with considerable complexity so that we can keep our product simple - e.g. technology infrastructure, lending decision science and customer operations
- Are able to meet people where they are at and become a bridge between internal teams and represent Monzo before auditors, regulators and our board.
- Are excited by the challenge of creating a culture of intellectual rigour.
- Have excellent project management and organisational skills.
The following experience would be valued:
- Work in risk, compliance, regulatory or governance in a financial firm; as an auditor; a regulator or in another highly regulated industry.
- An understanding of the requirements of SMF roles.
- Work in a start-up environment or a technology company
- Setting up policies and procedures and leading on policy reviews and assurance
- A legal background
Above all, we are looking for people that are humble but excited by what we are doing at Monzo.