We're looking for a Analytics Manager to join our people collective who is excited to help build the bank of the future. You'll have the opportunity to grow and develop a world class people analytics team, which has a real impact on your colleagues and on the whole of Monzo.
At Monzo, we're building a bank that is fair, transparent and a delight to use. We’re growing extremely fast and have close to a million customers in the UK, with over 140,000 new people joining every month. We’ve built a product that people love and more than 80% of our growth comes from word of mouth and referrals.
Our Data discipline's mission is to
Enable Monzo to Make Better Decisions, Faster
We have a strong culture of data-driven decision making across the whole company. And we're great believers in powerful, real-time analytics and empowerment of the wider business. All our data lives in one place and is super easy to use. 90% of day-to-day data-driven decisions are covered by self-serve analytics through Looker which gives data analysts the head space to focus on more impactful business questions and analyses.
Where we can, we operate cross-functional squads where every data analyst is a member of a central data discipline and is fully embedded into a business team (i.e. People in this case)
As part of your role, you'll:
- Grow and develop a discipline of exceptional data analysts who are embedded into the people collective
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how everything people at Monzo is working (e.g hiring, employee journey, forecasting) and can be operated more effectively
- Guide and enable the people collective to measure things that matter
- Liaise with engineers to keep making sure we collect the right data to produce relevant insights
- Help us understand how our culture and processes impact peoples performance and happiness and what we can do to keep improving it
You should apply if:
- What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
- You have people mentoring/developing experience in formal or informal capacity and you really enjoy that part of the job
- You're impact driven and eager to have a real positive impact on the company, product, users and very importantly your colleagues as well
- You're commercially minded and can put numbers into business perspective
- You’re as comfortable getting hands-on as taking a step back and thinking strategically
- You have a self-starter mindset; you proactively identify issues and opportunities and tackle them without being told to do so
- You're a team player whom your colleagues can rely on
- You have solid grounding in SQL and preferably Python
Nice to haves:
- You have multiple years of analytics experience, preferably in a fast moving tech company
- You have exposure to working with people data