Location: Los Angeles
Monzo is a bank that lives on your phone. Our mission is to make money work for everyone: to make our customers effortlessly financially savvy with smart features, unexpectedly friendly service, and a relentless focus on what people genuinely want and need. Our net promoter score of +80 is more than 2x that of other banks, and we are the fastest-growing bank in the UK.
Monzo better resembles a fast-paced tech startup than a traditional bank – we move fast, ship things every day, and develop products iteratively. But we are also very serious about the safety of our customers’ money and their trust in us, and we believe this starts with our internal culture. We default to transparency both internally and externally, and we involve our community in everything we do. We prize a diverse team as a strength: everyone is welcome at Monzo and is encouraged to do the best work of their lives.
We’re planning to launch in the US in the next few months, and we’re looking for an exceptional Product Director to join us. We have big ambitions in the US and the team will grow very quickly, but we’re just getting started and you will be joining at a formative time. As our first US-based Product hire you will have a rare and exciting opportunity to shape the product, the launch, and the team we hire.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with leadership to help define a product strategy for Monzo in the USA that’s frighteningly ambitious, and then break it down into achievable steps.
- Hire, lead and coach Product Managers to run effective teams in the US who ship stuff that customers really value.
- Support your team to set clear goals and key results, regularly check on progress, learn, and adjust course when needed.
- Contribute to global product management practices: help us ship delightful products and be an exceptional place to work.
- You've directly led successful consumer products from concept to adoption, with experience in all stages of the product life cycle and during rapid growth.
- You've directly managed Product Managers and are passionate about developing people and supporting them to be part of high-performing teams.
- You have an empathetic leadership style and you build strong, effective relationships.
- You know when to employ different approaches to product management, and can balance lean-style MVP experimental work with focused iteration.
- You’re metrics-obsessed and understand how product changes might impact our goals.
- You understand the power and value of world-class design, and the value of an authentic brand in shaping a product that users genuinely love.
- You have a proven ability to quickly get up to speed in a domain and identify trends and opportunities. Financial services or strong commercial expertise are a plus.
- You have enough technical knowledge to quickly understand your teams’ software products.
To be eligible for this role, you need to have permission to work in the United States.