We're looking for someone with a deep understand of how transaction disputes work to come in and lead our disputes function. You should apply if you have experience running dispute teams, and are excited about how technology can be used to improve both the customer experience and operational management of disputes. You will lead a squad within the broader Financial Crime team, defining our approach to transaction disputes in the UK and elsewhere. 🚀
The key focus of role will be:
- Optimisation: Looking at ways we can redesign the disputes process to have a great service, handled efficiently and quickly, against a compelling vision meeting Monzo’s award winning service expectations
- Leadership: Effectively managing a squad of Analysts, motivating the team to excel in their roles and developing the careers of those you manage
- Data-driven: Interpreting data confidently and using this information to suggest improvements for the disputes process and subsequently improve outcomes
- Leading our root cause: Being able to oversee and develop the business root cause strategy. Manage the business narrative on root cause areas on disputes and actions to be taken. This will involve stakeholder relationships as below.
- Stakeholder-management: Managing high-level stakeholder relationships, across several departments including holding conversations with the Board in providing updates within the overall disputes process.
- International Expansion: Understanding the regulatory systems in potential target markets and preparing the customer operations team to handle those conversations in a legally compliant manner.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading the Disputes team as we launch new products and expand into new markets
- Ensuring a great interface with our Customer Operations team, making sure that everyone has the required training, and we are optimising for efficiency.
- Setting up and owning appropriate metrics to ensure we are performing as expected
- Making Root Cause insight core to the design and iteration of our products
- Identifying when we need to hire new people, versus using technology for efficiency gains, making sure we have the right people at the right time
- Striking the right balancing between compliance and customer experience
- Managing team rituals, such as planning meetings and retrospectives, to make sure the correct information flows into and out of the team
- Making Disputes a competitive advantage and pushing the insights learnt; championing what we're doing here (and potentially changing the industry!)
You should apply if:
- You have deep knowledge of how transaction disputes work, and understand the chargeback lifecycle
- You love Disputes and understand the important insight they bring to the business
- You're product focused and can prioritise based on customer demands, business needs and risk mitigation
- You can set the vision for the area and create an environment to achieve that
- You have experience of managing a highly effective operation
- You're a great manager and leader (and this is part of the job you really get a kick out of)
- You have experience of stakeholder management across the business and externally with the regulators.
- You are an excellent and compelling communicator - both verbally and in writing
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a practical written exercise with a follow up call, and a couple of on-site interviews at our office in London.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can – whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different under-represented demographics.