We’re looking for someone to kickstart our launch in the US with enthusiasm and energy.
This isn’t banking as you know it — we are quick, agile and we want you to take ownership. We’re the UK’s fastest growing bank, with more than 150,000 new customers joining every month. Today we have more than 750 staff, nearly 2 million amazing customers, and a UK banking license. One of our (many) next key missions is to bring Monzo to other countries all around the world.
As our first marketing hire in the US, you’ll be getting really hands on and driving our initial growth across the country. You’ll be running events, jumping on social media, working with performance marketing teams in the UK, talking to our press agency, and anything else that comes up. You’ll be the expert on everything that’s going on. In one year’s time, you’ll be able to look back on a successful launch and say “I built that”.
You’ll report directly to our UK-based Head of Marketing, and you will be working closely with our International Expansion team. This role will involve a significant amount of travel across the US and to Europe, especially to start with. This role will require right to work authorisation in the United States.
- Be the point of contact for everything marketing, community and communications in the US
- Shape the strategy for spreading the word together with our wider team, and then execute on it
- Work in a cross-functional team to do everything required to launch
- Understand and learn how US consumers think about money, which you’ll reflect in our approach, messaging and communications
- Support our wider growth plans through interviewing candidates, helping with ad-hoc projects, and anything else that comes up
- Practicing some of our core values around community and transparency, to build a brand that’s as loved as it is here in the UK
You should apply if:
- You have 2+ years experience in marketing, community, comms or growth at a B2C company
- You’re excited by what we’re doing here at Monzo
- You are a self-starter, proactively identifying issues and opportunities and tackling them without being told to do so
- You’re a quick learner and thrive in ambiguity
- You’re data-driven and understand the numbers behind everything you do
- You’re comfortable driving things forward by yourself, with support and guidance from others
- You’re adaptable and don’t mind pitching in to help out with whatever needs doing so long as it helps us achieve our goals
Extra bonus points if:
- You’ve worked in a tech startup before
- You have some technical understanding (eg. you can write HTML and CSS)
***This role will require right to work authorisation in the United States