At Monzo, we're building a bank that is fair, transparent and delightful to use. We’re growing extremely quickly, with over 1.7 million customers in the UK and over 100,000 new people joining every month. We’re looking for a pragmatic, collaborative and ambitious Technology Risk Analyst to join our second line of defence Risk team.
Your role will focus on helping us understand and manage the risks arising from our use of technology. This will include areas such as the way we develop products, use cloud technology, operate our platform, integrate with third parties or respond and recover from incidents.
You’ll be a part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver effective risk management at Monzo and work closely with other risk professionals, as well as teams across the bank. We’re looking for someone who cares deeply about understanding our business, customers and risks and can communicate and drive actions.
You’ll spend your time:
- Partnering with teams to help develop new products and features by embedding good risk practices
- Conducting in-depth reviews to assess risks and controls
- Analysing and improving the resilience of our services and platform
- Helping implement and operate Monzo’s risk management framework
- Making risk meaningful and relevant to everyone at Monzo, and sharing best practice in clear easy to understand language
- Supporting our new risk leadership team and contributing to key high-impact projects
- Following up on incidents and collaborating with teams to find solutions
You should apply if:
- You are early in your risk career with an appetite to learn
- You are passionate about technology, and what we are doing here at Monzo excites you!
- You have experience performing risk and control gap assessments in financial or technology environments
- You can provide effective challenge whilst building strong, respectful relationships
- You are hands-on, great at execution, and care about the day-to-day detail
- You are great at asking incisive questions to pick things up and act on them quickly
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced environment where the day to day job differs
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a task and technical screening, then a couple of on-site interviews at our office in London.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can - whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance.
We’re keen to make sure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
We offer a competitive salary plus stock options and lots of other benefits.