We’re looking for a pragmatic, collaborative and experienced VP Compliance to ensure we’re not only customer-focussed and innovative, but fully compliant.
At Monzo we do things differently: we truly care about providing a phenomenal experience for our customers. We believe there’s a better way to do banking, and we want to be the best possible bank without getting stuck in the old ways of doing things.
We need to ensure that we’re building our bank in a compliant manner; we also want to ensure we’re doing what’s ethical, appropriate and fair for our customers - following both the letter and the spirit of all applicable legislation.
We’re at the start of our journey to serve a billion customers and we’ve made some good progress. We now have more than 700 staff, one and a half million lovely customers and a full UK banking licence.
We need someone to own the strategic direction and leadership for all things compliance. At Monzo we operate a “three lines of defence” model. You’ll join the second line of defence team, reporting directly to our Chief Risk Officer.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll own Monzo’s approach to Compliance, instilling a positive, proactive culture towards regulation and legislation across the company
- You’ll develop and manage our growing Compliance team ensuring everyone has the opportunity to learn and perform at their best
- You’ll continue to develop a great relationship with our regulators and other 3rd parties, keeping them in the loop with key developments as we scale
- You’ll form part of the second line leadership team, helping to build a high performing partnership with the rest of the organisation
- You’ll provide direction and leadership to the MLRO team by leading assurance and monitoring for the second line, focusing predominantly on Compliance
- You’ll stay up to date with industry developments to ensure we are fully compliant whilst also helping us influence regulatory developments
You should apply if:
- You’ve previously been approved by the FCA for SMF16 and have direct interactions with the FCA and PRA regulators
- You can interpret PRA and FCA consultations and regulations, and have a strong understanding of the PRA and FCA rulebooks
- You’re great at providing effective challenge whilst building strong, respectful relationships
- You’ve built and led compliance teams previously, ideally in a regulated financial services firm
- You’re comfortable giving oversight and assurance on the prevention of financial crime
- You are passionate about technology and what we are doing here at Monzo excites you!