Monzo is a bank that lives in your phone. Our mission is to make money work for everyone. We are here to make our users effortlessly financially savvy with smart features, unexpectedly friendly service and a relentless focus on what people genuinely want and need.
We’re looking for exceptional Product Directors to help us reach a billion customers: leaders of multiple autonomous software teams with at least five years service shipping brilliant products. Today, we have 12 interdisciplinary teams, split across four areas: Growth and Core, Lending, Marketplace, and Internal Tools.
You’ll be the Product Director for Lending, here to lead product strategy, product development and to manage and develop our excellent product managers. We’re growing fast, so it’s likely there will be new areas to set up, and plenty of room for the remit to broaden.
Monzo believes there is an opportunity to rethink lending, to make it simple and fair. It’s a complex and highly regulated area, not just for users, but also operationally, and commercially. You’ll work across the full lending journey to automate where it makes sense and also to develop our user-facing experience.
Everyone is welcome at Monzo: we prize diversity as a strength. We offer flexible working, and are open to part-time and job sharing too.
What you'll do:
- Be an integral part of the Lending senior leadership team, working with the Chief Credit Officer and other leaders to set and achieve company goals.
- Collaborate across disciplines to set and deliver a clear, cohesive product strategy for lending, and balance it with room to source and test exciting new opportunities
- Lead and coach Product Managers to run effective teams that ship stuff customers really value
- Support your team to set clear goals and key results, regularly check in on progress, learn and adjust course when needed
- Reduce dependencies, remove blockers and co-ordinate with other product groups and stakeholders
- Manage and develop Product Managers in your team, and make sure we hire and develop the people who meet future needs.
- Contribute to Monzo's product management community of practice: help us keep learning and adapting, and be the best place to be a Product Manager
- You've directly led successful consumer software products from concept to adoption, with experience in all stages of the product life cycle and during rapid growth. We’re looking for people who have led multiple interdisciplinary software teams.
- Experience successfully developed lending products in the past is a strong plus, but we’d need you to at least understand the challenges of developing products within such a heavily regulated and scrutinised environment.
- You've directly managed product managers and are passionate about developing people and supporting them to be part of high-performing teams.
- You’re metrics-obsessed and understand how product changes might impact our goals.
- You know when to employ different approaches to product management, and can balance lean-style MVP experimental work with focused iteration.
- You understand the power and value of world-class design, and the value of an authentic brand in shaping a product that users genuinely love.
- You have a proven ability to quickly get up to speed in a domain and identify trends and opportunities. Financial services or strong commercial expertise are a plus.
- You have enough technical knowledge to quickly understand your teams’ software products.