We're looking for an experienced, hands on Head of SEO to join our growing performance marketing team.
This isn’t banking as you know it — we are fast, agile and expect you to take ownership. We’re growing fast, with more than one hundred thousand new customers joining every month. Today we have 700+ staff, over a million amazing customers and a UK banking licence. We’ve done this with a small, talented team, but we’re growing. Fast. One of our (many) next key missions is to evolve what we’ve built so far into a profitable, sustainable business.
Reporting directly to the Head of Performance Marketing you’ll have full ownership to shape our SEO strategy. Over time, you’ll build and lead a team who can execute at a world class standard.
You’ll spend your time:
- Defining what SEO is, the growth opportunity it can unlock at Monzo and how we execute.
- Set strategic direction and technical guidance for the product, growth and marketing engineering teams.
- Developing KPIs, then building tooling and reporting structures for our products to develop actionable insights and objectives. Including proprietary SEO tools to enable the team to operate at scale.
- Defining specs for new and existing products and contributing to our custom CMS.
- Empowering our content, PPC and Affiliates teams to understand where to focus.
- Researching potential audiences and the best ways to reach them.
- Understanding the role SEO plays in our customer’s journey.
- Working with team leads to ensure effective integration & delivery of SEO services throughout the company.
You Should Apply If:
- You have a proven track record in delivering significant search driven growth from large scale and/or fast growing technical SEO projects in competitive, high traffic sectors.
- You have an experienced and varied SEO tool kit - including; experience of working with popular tools such as AHrefs, Screaming Frog, Google Analytics, Moz etc, understanding of front-end technologies, understanding of structured + linked data and experience of log file analysis.
- You are a self-starter; you proactively identify issues and opportunities and tackle them without being told to do so.
- You’re just as happy getting hands-on as you are taking a step back and thinking long-term.
- You’re data-driven and understand the numbers behind everything you do.
- You are a team player and work well with others. You have experience of leading and developing a team.
- You have an open mind, enjoy transparency and think outside the box.
- You’re hands-on and take satisfaction in supporting colleagues, projects or tasks however big or small.
- What we’re doing at Monzo excites you!
This role is based at our office in London.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can - whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance.
Our interview process consists of a 30-minute phone interview, a take-home test with a follow up call, and a couple of on-site interviews at our office in London. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions!