At Monzo, we're building a bank that is fair, transparent and delightful to use. We’re growing extremely quickly, with over a million customers in the UK and over 100,000 new people joining every month. We’ve built a product that people love and more than 80% of our growth comes from word of mouth and referrals. Internally we have low attrition, high engagement and a strong sense of community that we want to maintain as we scale.
We’re looking for an experienced People Partner who will own the People strategy for their business area. Your role will be acting as a strategic partner to advise and consult with senior business leaders for the entire people lifecycle within a regulated environment. You will be comfortable with thinking big but starting small, getting feedback from relevant people and knowing the best way to test whether something is working.
Whilst you will be part of the leadership team of your particular business area, you will also be part of the wider People Collective. You will regularly meet with other People Partners and the Head of People to continue raising the bar on the people experience at Monzo from learnings in your area. You will be empowered to work autonomously, interpreting People principles to achieve the best outcomes for your business area.
Our internal community is core to achieving our mission of making money work for everyone. You will be responsible for defining what a world class people experience looks like in your business area and will be a valued strategic partner. We want to be efficient, proactive, knowledgeable and timely in providing clear counsel to enable leaders to make good People decisions quickly.
As part of your role you’ll:
- Work as a strategic partner to the leaders of teams at Monzo, advising and pro-actively anticipating their people needs
- Own the people lifecycle within your business area
- Be responsible for People compliance and governance within your business area
- Drive engagement initiatives, making sure action plans are in place to drive positive change
- Empower and up-skill managers to be able to handle employee relation cases while still being there to provide support and guidance to all involved
- Work with the leads in People (Learning & Development, Reward, Talent, etc.) to define team specific requirements
- Lead career progression calibration meetings for your area
- Own strategic org design for your area of the business
- Drive all areas of performance reviews and goal setting for your area
You should apply if:
- You have a passion to deliver a world class people experience
- Inclusion is at the forefront of your mind at all times
- You are able to build strong relationships with senior stakeholders and advise people to make the right decisions
- You can prioritise in a fast paced, high growth environment
- You can design, develop and implement innovative solutions to real People problems
- You have experience as a generalist in HR, with working knowledge of employee law
- You’re comfortable analysing data to make data based decisions
- You have experience in things such as organisational design, employee relations, succession planning and talent development
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a task and a couple of on-site interviews at our office in London.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can - whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance.
We’re keen to make sure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.