We’re looking for a practical, collaborative and experienced internal audit professional to play a critical role in helping Monzo achieve its objectives through oversight of the 2019 internal audit plan delivery and by forming and implementing a strategy for developing our internal audit capabilities, in line with the needs of our rapidly evolving and growing business.
At Monzo, we believe there’s a better way to do banking
We really care about providing a phenomenal experience for our customers, and we want to be the best possible bank without getting stuck in the old ways of doing things, or trying to duplicate internal audit frameworks seen in other banks.
We’re at the start of our journey to serve a billion customers
We’ve made some good progress so far! We now have more than 700 staff, over 1.5 million lovely customers and a full UK banking licence. We have a current account and overdraft, and lots more planned.
You’ll be responsible for:
You will be responsible for Monzo’s Internal Audit function. There will be two main parts to your role:
- Ensure that we successfully carry out the planned Audits set out in the Internal Audit plan (and agreed by the Board’s Audit Committee), and that the audits and reviews carried out offer real challenge, insight and oversight of the business.
- Design and implement the strategy for Internal Audit at Monzo to ensure that the function is able to keep pace with a rapidly growing and evolving business.
Day to day you should expect your role to involve:
Currently we work with a global Audit firm who leads the majority of our Internal Audit work and a range of smaller, more specialised firms (e.g. penetration testers). Managing these suppliers will be a core part of your role.
- Reviewing drafts of Internal Audit reports and findings
- Assisting the teams carrying out audits to identify the correct stakeholders
- Writing and reviewing Audit scopes to ensure that reviews are addressing the highest risk areas of the business
- Working with the 1st and 2nd line teams to agree follow-up remediation actions to address findings from Audits
- Tracking actions through to completion and following up where items are approaching or beyond their due dates
- Giving informal advice and guidance to internal teams and stakeholders
- Presenting internal audit documents to the Board's Audit Committee and other governance forums
You should apply if:
- You have experience leading and developing an internal audit function
- You’re great at providing effective challenge whilst building strong, respectful relationships
- You will be dynamic, forward-thinking with a clear focus on business improvement
- You are hands-on, great at execution, and care about the day-to-day detail.
- You’re curious, collaborative and great at asking incisive questions
- You’re comfortable looking at data that is presented in different ways and may not conform to banking norms
- You’re great at communication with people from all different backgrounds and you can build relationships really easily.
- You’re passionate about technology, and what we are doing here at Monzo excites you!
The application process consists of:
- CV and application review
- Short phone interview
- Take-home tasks
- On-site interviews at our office in London.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can - whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance.
We’re keen to make sure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.