We're looking for a hands-on, ambitious, and enthusiastic Tax Analyst to support Tax at Monzo, and our wider finance team.
This isn’t banking as you know it — we are fast, agile and are focused on making money work for everyone. Up to now, we have 700+ staff, 1.6m lovely customers and a UK banking licence. One of our next key missions is to build a profitable, sustainable business. That’s where you come in!
We have some really exciting challenges coming up for our Tax Analyst: we are looking to expand internationally, launch new products, and scale and optimise our financial reporting processes with the help of technology.
You’ll be working on a wide range of different tax issues from compliance, to reporting, to advisory/planning, across the full spectrum of different taxes. You'll be reporting to our Head of Tax, and working with teams across the company.
You’ll help manage and design our tax compliance and reporting processes and controls, including:
- With the help of advisors where relevant, ensuring we fulfill all of our compliance obligations for all relevant corporate taxes (direct and indirect, staff and customer-related) on an ongoing basis, and supporting our month end and year end reporting processes
- Working with engineers to design brilliant ways to automate our tax work and leveraging technology to ensure our finance processes relating to tax are accurate, complete, and efficient, and that we scale with the business
- Identifying opportunities to bring currently outsourced work inhouse, again using technology
You’ll help Monzo build out its offering by:
- Helping to advise on the tax implications of all new product launches, ensuring that both costs and opportunities for savings are flagged early on, and using a commercial mindset to help reach solutions
- Ensuring we fulfil any additional tax compliance and reporting obligations associated with new product launches
- Being ready to research and provide advice to various teams around the business on an adhoc basis on a wide variety of tax issues
Finally, you’ll help Monzo expand internationally by:
- Working alongside professional advisors to support in advising on all tax aspects of business expansion, reorganisation and cross-border transactions involving multiple jurisdictions
- Supporting our tax compliance and reporting globally
- Designing and implementing policies to mitigate key cross border tax risks
- Making sure tax consequences on transfer pricing are well understood and managed by the wider business
- Reporting and acting on relevant international legislative changes. You’ll collaborate with the relevant teams to implement the necessary changes to our systems and processes
You should apply if:
- You are a qualified accountant and/or qualified tax advisor, with strong relevant experience
- You are a tax specialist: you have experience working in a tax department (either at a large accountancy firm or law firm, and/or in-house)
- You may or may not have had experience working on multiple different taxes to date, but either way you’re keen to learn about other areas of tax that you might not have come across before, and happy to get stuck into research on new topics
- You thrive in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment
- You’re energetic and are hands-on with your work, tackling whatever needs doing to make things happen
- What we’re doing at Monzo excites you!
This role is based at our office in London, where you’ll work alongside engineers, designers and banking experts to build the future of banking.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can - whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance.
We offer a competitive salary plus stock options and other benefits.