We’re looking for an Operational Risk Specialist to join our second line of defence providing support to core elements of the risk management framework. Like any other regulated bank, we need to make sure we’re compliant, but we want to do so whilst continuing with our agile “test and learn” approach to launching products.
Unlike traditional banks operational risks are more significant than credit risk at this point and we need to build out the team. We’re looking for someone with operational risk experience who is also pragmatic and understands fintech. Do you have core competencies in Conduct, Operational Resilience, Outsourcing or Assurance in addition to generalist operational risk experience? We want to hear from you.
Monzo has been growing rapidly over the last year, and we are just getting started!
You’ll spend your time:
- Leading and supporting key aspects of the implementation and operation of Monzo’s risk management framework
- Supporting our new risk leadership team to work on key projects that have an impact across business
- Partnering with teams to help develop new products and features by embedding good risk practices
- Following up on incidents that happen at Monzo and partnering with teams to find solutions, identify risks and controls and conduct in-depth reviews of different areas of the business
- Working within Conduct, Assurance, Outsourcing or Operational Resilience depending on your specialism
- Reviewing and assessing how customers behave, new product rollouts, or changes to operational processes impact our company risk profile
- Making risk meaningful and relevant to everyone at Monzo, and sharing best practice whilst adapting the language you use to speak about risk so that it is easy for everyone to understand
You should apply if:
- You have developed in-depth experience in one or more core risk area
- You have worked in the banking, retail, consultancy or/and technology environment
- Confident in leading implementation of risk core elements and provide risk leadership
- Experience performing risk assessments and control gap assessments in financial or technology environments
- You’re great at providing effective challenge whilst building strong, respectful relationships
- You are hands-on, great at execution, and care about the day-to-day detail.
- You’re curious and collaborative - you’re great at asking incisive questions to pick things up and act on them quickly
- You’re comfortable working in a fast paced environment there the day to day job differs
- You’re passionate about technology, and what we are doing here at Monzo excites you!
At Monzo, we believe there’s a better way to do banking
We really care about providing a phenomenal experience for our customers, and we want to be the best possible bank without getting stuck in the old ways of doing things, or trying to duplicate risk management frameworks seen in other banks.
We’re at the start of our journey to serve a billion customers
We’ve made some good progress so far! We now have more than 700 staff, over a million and half of lovely customers and a full UK banking licence. We have a current account and overdraft, and lots more services are planned.