We’re looking for an empathetic problem-solver, experienced in digital product design, to help us deliver the best banking experience possible.
We’re building a bank for and with our users. A product that’s fair, transparent and a pleasure to use. We see ourselves as something more than a typical current account: we’re setting out to solve all the problems that exist around your financial life in a coherent, meaningful and delightful way.
In order to do this, we’re also designing and building an internal product that allows Monzo to be many times more operationally efficient than other banks, while providing industry leading customer support.
This role will be focused on designing that product and building tooling that enables our customer services team to provide fast and delightful customer support. This blog post explains a bit more about designing for Monzo’s internal product and you can read more about our vision and principles
How you'll contribute
- Partnering closely with your peers in engineering, product and operations to help solve user and business goals
- Helping scale our operations to provide a great customer experience through improving our tools and our processes
- Helping with user research and spending time deeply understanding our users and how they work
- Designing with all our users in mind including our future ones (and not just the ones that look like our team). This will involve being conscious of inclusive design, accessibility and information architecture
- Using and helping contribute to our tools component system so that we are designing for scale and extensibility
You should apply if:
- You value collaboration and are at your best when you’re part of a team
- You are a systems thinker and think deeply about how our tools shape our work
- You find working on complex problems interesting and making the difficult simple immensely rewarding
- You’re passionate about inclusive design and accessibility, and you’ll design with all our users in mind including our future ones (and not just the ones that look like our team)
- Sketch is your tool of choice. If you have experience designing for web platforms and complex systems, we'll love you more
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can - whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.