We’re looking for a Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Lead to help us make Monzo the place where anyone can do the best work of their lives, so that we can make money work for everyone. This is our North Star.
Monzo has always been thinking about D&I, but with rapid growth, expanding our team from 300 to 700 people in just 10 months, we need to make sure that we’re set up for the future. You can see our most recent updates from our internal survey here, this will give you a better idea of where we're currently at. We understand that it's only with a diverse and inclusive team, that we can truly build an inclusive bank built for everyone.
Whilst you will be the face of D&I at Monzo, this is something we want everyone to champion and be involved in. You will be supported by a committee and have the full support of the CEO and the Board. The appetite is for D&I to be a part of how we all work everyday, and we need you to help strategise that desire and help us set a world class standard. You should be used to collaborative and inclusive working, and willing to ask for help or opinions when needed.
Questions you’ll tackle!
Below are some of the most pressing questions that people who work at Monzo currently have, and you should think about what you could do in order to make an initial impact and get the rocket ship off the ground. But the right person for this role will be building the foundations that will mean D&I becomes a part of our everyday thought process and ways of working. We want to make changes now that people who work at Monzo in a few years time will continue to feel the benefits of:
- What does diversity and inclusion mean at Monzo? How broad and how deep do we want to go?
- Are we making money work for everyone?
- What should we do to influence employee’s language and behaviour?
- What training and education do we need?
- How do we scale, adapt and extend our approach beyond the UK?
- If you’re excited by these challenges then we’d love to hear from you!
You should apply for this role if:
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit
- You’re comfortable talking to senior stakeholders and bringing them along for the ride, just as much as you can talk empathetically to those who might need your help and support.
- You’re someone who can take a large problem and come up with lots of possible solutions, get people on board and make them happen fast using agile methods.
- You have an open mind, enjoy transparency and think outside the box
- You’re hands-on and take satisfaction in supporting colleagues, projects or tasks however big or small
- What we’re doing at Monzo excites you!
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a practical written exercise with a follow up call, and a couple of on-site interviews at our office in London.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can – whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.