We’re looking for a control focused, numerically astute person with an analytical mind to join our Treasury team at Monzo.
This isn’t banking as you know it — we are fast, agile and expect you to take ownership. We’re focused on our end goal of helping a billion customers across the world manage their money. Today we have 700+ staff, over a million amazing customers and a UK banking licence. We’ve done this with a small, talented team, but we’re growing. Fast. One of our (many) next key missions is to evolve what we’ve built so far into a profitable, sustainable business.
Reporting to our Treasurer, you’ll support Treasury activities as well as have involvement across all areas of finance and exposure to product teams across the bank.
As our Treasury Analyst, you’ll support our business growth by:
- Producing and reporting daily stress tests, liquidity forecasts and capital calculations to assist Treasury and senior management
- Monitor the firm’s daily financial early warning indicators and suggest new ones
- Work with the business to build dashboards and analytical tools for senior management and Treasury to manage liquidity and capital resources
- Assist the treasury in preparing the monthly Asset & Liability Committee (ALCO) pack
- Analyse and assess treasury asset return strategies
- Maintain up to date Treasury procedures
- Assist the Treasurer in maintaining banking relationships and cash management
- Execution of Monzo’s high-quality liquid assets (HQLA) portfolio in line with Monzo’s risk appetite and policies
- Execution of forex transactions in line with Monzo’s FX risk appetite
You’ll spend your time:
- Providing accurate reporting to the Treasurer and senior Monzo management
- Partnering with teams internally to help them make informed business decisions
- Running various stress scenarios to ensure we always have ample capital and liquidity
- Designing brilliant ways to automate our work and leveraging technology to ensure we scale with the business.
- Reporting to our Treasurer, and working with teams across the company.
You should apply if:
- You’re a qualified accountant or hold ACT with experience working within financial services
- Strong experience working in a Treasury, capital or liquidity function
- You’re excited by data and have a sharp eye for detail
- On top of your amazing Excel skills, SQL knowledge would be a bonus
- You enjoy new and exciting challenges
- You have a proven record of delivering to deadlines
- You want to automate or enhance recurring processes, particularly by leveraging technology, but know how to balance this with getting the actual reports out!
- You have an open mind, enjoy transparency and think outside the box
- You’re hands-on and take satisfaction in supporting colleagues, projects or tasks however big or small
- What we’re doing at Monzo excites you!
Questions about this role? Head over to our careers page to read our FAQs (www.monzo.com/careers) or email firstname.lastname@example.org