We're looking for detail-oriented, empathetic problem solvers to join our Customer Operations (COps) team in our Cardiff office. Check out what our team say about working in Cardiff here!
At Monzo, we’re building a new kind of bank. One that lives in your smartphone and helps you take control of your money. We're on a mission to make money work for everyone and to do this we need to grow our amazing customer support team to make sure every customer gets access to 24/7 customer support through our app and on the phone. 🚀
COps are the heart of Monzo ❤️
You'll be the first point of contact for any of our users who have questions, problems, feedback and compliments! COps are the face of Monzo, and the main way our customers communicate with us.
We want to delight our customers in any way possible. It can be something small like wishing someone a happy birthday. Or something bigger, like cycling a new bank card over to someone who needs it urgently.
What will you be doing day-to-day? 💬
- Providing the best customer support by talking directly and honestly with our customers, and developing a deep understanding of what our community really wants from a digital bank.
- Proactively spotting patterns in the frustrations or hopes of our customers, seeing where we can change our processes, tools or product to make them happier.
- Identifying customers who are in vulnerable situations and helping to figure out what steps we can take to support them.
- Working closely with our financial crime team to act as the first line of defence to help spot and investigate trends. Whilst investigating and making decisions about payments made on stolen cards, as well as looking into scam websites.
- Dealing with tricky payments-related queries; investigating missing transfers and Direct Debits, helping manage the customers who are switching to Monzo.
- Understanding, prioritising and escalating our customers' feedback and feature requests to the external product team (who build our app). Plus, being the first port of call for customer complaints to make sure that they're treated fairly and can share their thoughts and concerns.
- Supporting other members in the customer support team by being a point of escalation for other COps and mentoring new joiners. Plus making sure the rest of the company stays customer-focused and fixated on building the best bank account in the world.
After you're fully comfortable helping our customers, you'll have the opportunity to expand your knowledge in the various other areas of the Customer Operations team. This could range from helping out on Social media to spending time with our Financial Crime specialists!
Your working life ☀️
The salary for this role is up to £22,750 a year (£11p/h) plus an allowance per year for working varying hours. All Monzo team members also get share options as part of their package – read more about what this means here.
You’ll be working from our Cardiff office on an ‘open availability’ contract basis, to make sure we are always here to help and allow 24/7 customer support chat through our app. Your shift pattern will change on a weekly basis, starting no earlier than 6am and finishing no later than 10pm. Read more about the ins and outs of 'open availability' here.
You should apply if you:
- you are prepared to be primarily based in our Cardiff office
- care deeply about delighting our customers
- are a UK resident (live in the UK for at least 6 months of the year)
- have the right to work in the UK
- are comfortable using a laptop
- are over 18 years old
If you're planning to do any working from home from time-to-time, you'll also need:
- a quiet and private home working space
- a solid internet connection (download speed - 10mbps; upload speed -3 mbps)
The interview and on-boarding process 🤝
Your answers to the application questions below are really important to us, so please take your time on these. Once you've submitted your application, we'll review along with your CV (there is no need to submit a Cover Letter, please use this time to answer the application questions instead ❤️). If you're successful, we’ll send you a take-home task, and if you ace that we’ll invite you for a half-day assessment centre (these run every few weeks). At the assessment centre you’ll have some one-on-one interviews and a collaborative task with a small group of other candidates. If all goes well, you'll join our small but growing team on a mission to make money work for everyone! 🚀
We are recruiting now for roles to start over the rest of the year, so even if you're not available to start until later in the year - please still apply!
You'll spend your first two weeks in training (Monday-Friday) between 09:00-18:00, and we'll give you all the tools and training you need. You need to be available full time in Cardiff for the first week, but we can be a bit more flexible to fit your circumstances in the second week, if you've got caring or studying commitments for example. Please let us know if you'd need any adjustments to make this work.