At Monzo we’re aiming to build the . We are always keen to hear from capable, creative people who want to help us accomplish that goal. We want our bank to be safe and secure for our customers, so security is very important to us
Security at Monzo
We are looking for a proactive, technically-minded and organised Security Analyst to join our Security team.
Monzo’s security team has a wide range of responsibilities, from infrastructure security to application security. As a bank, we are solving diverse, novel problems to ensure that our customers and their data are secure.
One of the guiding principles of security at Monzo is that security at the expense of user experience is a last resort. We aim to move mountains in the background such that we can build world-class features without compromising on security.
As a member of our security team you would be responsible for constantly improving the security of Monzo as a part of a multi-disciplinary team. You would work closely with security engineers, as well as lots of teams across the company.
You’ll spend your time:
- Managing projects within the team, whether we’re rolling out a new feature to customers, or preparing to undergo an audit
- Writing and delivering training to Monzonauts across the company and across the world
- Working closely with our second-line Risk & Compliance team to improve the way we mitigate security risk
- Developing new processes and procedures to improve security at Monzo
- Collaborating and working with other teams to ensure that they can meet their objectives securely
- Supporting the Security team on broader initiatives to help boost security awareness
- Conducting periodic security reviews, and helping respond to security incidents
You should apply if:
- What we’re doing in the Security team excites you!
- You’re technically-minded and understand security best practices
- You have experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, and are comfortable with regular context-switching
- You’re comfortable reading and interpreting technical requirements, regulation and procedures
- You love taking the initiative, prioritising and driving things forward, without being told what to do
- You’re comfortable interacting with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You are an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing
We can help you relocate to London, we can sponsor visas, and we're open to remote working (as long as you can spend at least 20% of your time in London).
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can - whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance.
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, a take-home exercise, and a half-day on-site interview. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions
If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions about the role or team, please don’t hesitate to email directly Also, if you are under time pressure to change jobs soon (or have any other deadlines), please let us know, as we'll always do our best to speed up the process for you!