Monzo is a bank that lives on your phone. Our mission is to make money work for everyone: to make our users effortlessly financially savvy with smart features, unexpectedly friendly service and relentless focus on what people genuinely need.
We’re looking for an exceptional Director of Product, Growth to focus on growth initiatives and help us reach a billion customers. Right now Growth at Monzo is made up of three squads, we expect this to grow and you'll have the opportunity to help define what that looks like!
We're an equal opportunity employer and prize diversity as a strength. Everyone is welcome at Monzo. We offer flexible working, and are open to part-time and job sharing too.
What you'll do:
- Drive growth in user adoption and engagement using data-driven product experiments
- Work to develop a product growth model for Monzo and continue to refine it through experimentation and research
- Collaborate across disciplines to set and deliver a clear, cohesive product strategy for Growth, and balance it with room to source and test exciting new opportunities
- Process, review and interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data on Monzo usage to develop the right product experiences for our customers to quickly find value
- Lead, coach and manage Product Managers to run effective teams that ship stuff which customers really value
- Support your team to set clear goals and key results, regularly check in on progress, learn and adjust course when needed
- Help your teams to set hypotheses, test riskiest assumptions and break down complex problems into small steps
- Build a product management profession as great as our product. You’ll manage and develop 3-5 product managers, and make sure we hire and grow the team as fast as we need to
- Reduce dependencies, remove blockers and co-ordinate with other product groups and stakeholders
- Contribute to product management practices: help us ship delightful products and be an exceptional place to work
- You’ve directly led teams working on user growth and engagement through experimentation
- You have deep understanding and empathy for customers
- You have a proven ability to analyze and use data to inform decisions
- You’ve directly led product managers and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- You've directly managed product managers and are passionate about developing people and supporting them to be part of high-performing teams.
- You have an empathetic leadership style and you build strong, effective relationships.
- You know when to employ different approaches to product management, and can balance lean-style MVP experimental work with focused iteration.
- You’re metrics-obsessed and understand how product changes might impact our goals.
- You understand the power and value of world-class design, and the value of an authentic brand in shaping a product that users genuinely love.
- You have a proven ability to quickly get up to speed in a domain and identify trends and opportunities. Financial services or strong commercial expertise are a plus.
- You have enough technical knowledge to quickly understand your teams’ products.
If you’re not sure about applying or have any questions about the role, team or adjustments you may need, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage an open and transparent working environment. You can contribute ideas to and ask questions of any aspect of the business you're interested in and, following Stripe’s example, all emails in the company are visible in an email archive. We regularly run hackathons in which people build things on our third party API and we contribute to open source software as much as possible. We’ve develop features in the open, and give sneak peeks in our community forum.