We’re looking for an expert in financial crime with extensive knowledge of business banking to join our fast-growing Fincrime team here in London. You’ll play a strategic role in fighting fincrime and have overall responsibility for how Monzo approaches business banking in the UK. You’ll need to be a dab-hand at managing people, projects and investigations, but you’ll need to be ready to get hands-on too.
You should know that we fight financial crime a little differently at Monzo. You’ll work in a team with dedicated financial crime engineers and data scientists, which helps us to spot, assess and prevent crime quickly. We choose not to split out different areas of crime, either. Instead we tackle all financial crime together as one team. That includes AML, fraud, sanctions breaches, terrorist financing, bribery and corruption and tax evasion. You should know each of these, and how they affect business banking, like the back of your hand.
We’re the UK’s fastest growing bank, with 1.4 million customers and nearly 700 employees. We need a crack team of crime fighters to help us stay one step ahead as we continue to grow.
- define our business banking risk appetite and approach to risk assessments
- define our operational procedures and training for our Customer Operations Fincrime Specialists
- help our Customer Operations Fincrime Specialists with any escalated queries relating to business banking
- do any ad hoc project work such as running supplier selection processes, performing data analysis, or engaging with other banks
- work with engineers to automate as much as possible and find efficiencies in all operational work
You should apply if:
- you understand the financial crime risks associated with business banking
- you’re clear and accurate when explaining complex regulation and fincrime concepts
- you’re into using automated processes to find more efficient ways of working
- you know when to delegate versus when to jump in and do something yourself
- you care about people and want to ensure that customers get the best experience possible
- you want to manage fincrime analysts and help them to grow professionally
Startup experience, management experience or experience working with UK regulators are all a bonus, but not required.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can - whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance.
We’re keen to make sure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.