We're looking for a Marketing Data Scientist excited to help build the bank of the future. You'll have the opportunity to super charge our user growth in 2019 and help us to spend effectively our fast growing marketing budget.
At Monzo, we're building a bank that is fair, transparent and a delight to use. We’re growing extremely fast and have over a million customers in the UK, with over 100,000 new people joining every month. We’ve built a product that people love and more than 80% of our growth comes from word of mouth and referrals.
Our Product Analytics team's mission is to
Enable Monzo to Make Better Decisions, Faster
We have a strong culture of data-driven decision making across the whole company. And we're great believers in powerful, real-time analytics and empowerment of the wider business. All our data lives in one place and is super easy to use. 90% of day-to-day data-driven decisions are covered by self-serve analytics through Looker which gives data scientists the head space to focus on more impactful business questions and analyses.
We work in cross-functional squads where every data scientist is a member of a central data discipline and fully embedded into 1-2 vertical teams (performance marketing here) alongside engineers, designers, marketers, product managers etc.
As part of your role, you'll:
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, performance marketing, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand what users we are acquiring and how we can spend our fast growing marketing budget more effectively
- Set up and conduct large-scale online experiments to test hypotheses and optimise marketing spend at scale
- Drive together with the finance team a unified company-wide understanding of the lifetime value of our users
- Guide and enable marketing and growth teams to measure things that matter and track KPI in dashboards
- Liaise with engineers to keep making sure we collect the right data to produce relevant business insights
You should apply if:
- What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
- You're impact driven and eager to have a real positive impact on the company, product, users and very importantly your colleagues as well
- You're commercially minded and can put numbers into business perspective
- You’re as comfortable getting hands-on as taking a step back and thinking strategically
- You have a self-starter mindset; you proactively identify issues and opportunities and tackle them without being told to do so
- You're a team player whom your colleagues can rely on
- You have solid grounding in SQL and preferably Python
Nice to haves:
- You have multiple years of experience in performance marketing or growth analytics, preferably in a fast moving tech company
- You have experience in conducting large scale A/B experiments in the past
Questions about this role? Head over to our careers page to read our FAQs (www.monzo.com/careers) or email firstname.lastname@example.org