We’re looking for an experienced, people focused Customer Operations Quality Assurance Manager to ensure our customers are treated fairly and receive awesome standards of service at all times.
At Monzo, we believe there’s a better way to do banking
We really care about providing a phenomenal experience for our customers, and we want to be the best possible bank without getting stuck in the old ways of doing things, or trying to duplicate quality assurance frameworks seen in other banks.
We’re at the start of our journey to serve a billion customers
We’ve made some good progress so far! We now have more than 500 staff, over a million lovely customers and a full UK banking licence. We have a current account and overdraft, and lots more planned.
We need to deliver delightful experiences that treat customers fairly
Reporting to one of our Squad Directors, the successful candidate will lead the Quality Assurance (QA) team & agenda for customer operations.
The QA Manager will be responsible for -
- Designing and owning the QA framework, including determining and agreeing in-house quality standards, attitude to risk appetite and procedures.
- Designing and agreeing an ongoing roadmap of initiatives to support customer delight, compliance & scalable process improvement.
- Delivering the QA plan, identifying issues requiring improvement and potential themes
- Identifying relevant remedial actions (via root cause analysis) and working with key stakeholders to drive improvement eg, changing processes, adapting new start training material accordingly.
- Acting as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance / quality across Customer Operations.
- Ensuring deadlines are met to adhere to Treating Customers Fairly principles as well as other standards as specified by the regulator & senior stakeholders.
- Actively creating and/or maintaining minimal scalable processes to ensure we are fair to customers at all times.
- Build and maintain a robust customer centric feedback loop with process owners
- Lead ad hoc customer operations improvement initiatives that are agreed from time to time.
- Identifying training needs on a team and individual level as well as influencing ad hoc and periodic training to ensure team quality.
- Design relevant customer operations metrics that simply and robustly identify risk & compliance improvement areas.
- Chair the monthly Customer Operations quality assurance meeting where relevant metrics are reviewed and plans created in partnership with stakeholders.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following -
- Experience within a regulated sector either in a risk and/or QA related role.
- Ability to identify risks and prevent, manage and/or escalate as appropriate
- Experience of managing a team and improving performance
- Comfortable with data and preferably has basic SQL, G Suite API knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing FCA principles & Treating Customers Fairly.
- Be working towards or already Lean Six Sigma certified
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills, and ability to challenge others, as well as having exposure to senior management
Our vision of ‘making money work for everyone’ is dependent on every Monzonaut committing to putting customers first. We're also committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce, reflective of the customers and communities we serve – where everyone can be themselves and succeed. So if this sounds like a culture that you'd like to be a part of then be assured that we'll welcome your application.
We offer a competitive salary plus stock options and other benefits.
This role can be based in our London or Cardiff office, or remotely with fairly regular travel to our offices.