Customer Service Representative
We're looking for detail-oriented, empathetic problem solvers to join our Customer Operations (COps) team in our Las Vegas office. This is our first office outside of the UK, and you’ll be vital in ensuring we’re able to serve our two million customers 🙌
At Monzo, we’re building a new kind of bank. One that lives in your smartphone and helps you take control of your money. We are always here to help as every customer gets access to 24/7 customer support through our app 🚀
You’ll be at the heart of Monzo
Our mission is to make money work for everyone, and while having a great app is part of that, we pride ourselves on providing world-class support. By solving customers’ problems, treating them fairly and being totally transparent, we believe we can make banking better 💪
Since we started, we’ve been busy building the best current account in the world and now have 100,000 new customers signing up with Monzo every month. We need to grow our amazing customer support team to help customers manage their money wherever they are in the world.
You’ll know how to fix problems on the spot
Every person in customer operations has the power to solve problems quickly and with minimal fuss. We’ll give you all the tools and training you need so you know exactly how payments systems actually work, and you’ll listen to customers’ concerns with positivity, empathy and patience. Then you’ll fix whatever’s up and stop it from happening again 🔧
You'll be the first point of contact for any of our users who have questions, problems, feedback and compliments! COps are the face of Monzo, and the main way our customers communicate with us.
We want to delight our customers in any way possible. It can be something small like wishing someone a happy birthday. Or something bigger, like cycling a new bank card over to someone who needs it urgently 💝
What will you be doing day-to-day? 💬
- Providing the best customer support by talking directly and honestly with our customers, and developing a deep understanding of what our community really wants from a digital bank.
- Communicating with our customers through a variety of different mediums, based on our customers needs; whether that be through our social media platforms, email, calls or in-app chat.
- Proactively spotting patterns in the frustrations or hopes of our customers, seeing where we can change our processes, tools or product to make them happier.
- Identifying customers who are in vulnerable situations and helping to figure out what steps we can take to support them.
- Working closely with our financial crime team to act as the first line of defence to help spot and investigate trends. Whilst investigating and making decisions about payments made on stolen cards, as well as looking into scam websites.
- Dealing with tricky payments-related queries; investigating missing transfers and Direct Debits, helping manage the customers who are switching to Monzo.
- Understanding, prioritising and escalating our customers' feedback and feature requests to the external product team (who build our app). Plus, being the first port of call for customer complaints to make sure that they're treated fairly and can share their thoughts and concerns.
- Supporting other members in the customer support team by being a point of escalation for other COps and mentoring new joiners. Plus making sure the rest of the company stays customer-focused and fixated on building the best bank account in the world.
After you're fully comfortable helping our customers, you'll have the opportunity to expand your knowledge in the various other areas of the Customer Operations team. This could range from helping out on social media to spending time with our Financial Crime specialists!
You should apply if:
- you’re a US citizen or have rights to work in the US
- you're great at explaining things to people, and have flawless written English
- you delight in investigating awkward problems, getting to the root cause and fixing them
- you know your way around social networks, and technology interests you
- you're friendly and super organised
- you want to be part of the team that makes Monzo!
- you haven't applied and been unsuccessful within the last 6 months
We offer some amazing benefits! 🙌
These include, but aren’t limited to:
- 32 days paid vacation per year
- Healthcare - 100% contribution to medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Work from home (when you need to)
- Catered lunches twice a week
- Personal learning budget for books, training courses and conferences to help you learn and grow
- Team-building, socials and other fun get-togethers
The salary for this role is up to $33,000 a year.
You'll be working from our office in Las Vegas, but you can also work remotely from home on occasion. You'll work 5 days a week from Monday - Sunday, starting between 8am - 1pm. These will be on a rotational basis, and we'll let you know your shift pattern several weeks in advance. 📆
This position is available on a full-time basis.
The interview and on-boarding process 🤝
Your answers to the application questions below are really important to us, so please take your time on these. Once you've submitted your application, we'll review along with your CV (there is no need to submit a Cover Letter, please use this time to answer the application questions instead ❤️). If you're successful, we’ll send you a take-home task, and if you ace that we’ll invite you for a half-day assessment centre (these run every about once a month, so there may be a small delay getting you in to meet us). At the assessment centre you’ll have some one-on-one interviews and a collaborative task with a small group of other candidates. If all goes well, you'll join our small but growing team on a mission to make money work for everyone! 🚀
We are recruiting now for roles to start over the rest of the year, so even if you're not available to start until later in the year - please still apply!
You'll spend your first two weeks in training (Monday-Friday) between 09:00-18:00, but we can be flexible to fit your circumstances (like childcare or college courses) and we'll discuss with you how best to make this work.