We’re looking for someone to join Monzo’s Special Projects team, and to help us expand the Bank to new markets (for example to launch in new countries or develop new products, such as our proposed Business Current Account).
At any time, we have a bunch of projects running, and we want someone who can’t wait to jump in and coordinate and lead these projects through to completion. This might involve working with a variety of teams internally, or external suppliers and third parties.
You’ll get the opportunity to work on a big range of projects and develop skills across a variety of areas. There’s a lot going on and you’ll have the flexibility to dive into areas that interest you all the time.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting our new market launch activities, likely involving working with new suppliers, global regulators and our existing teams to prepare for launching the business into new markets (such as Business Banking) or new countries over the next 12-24 months.
- Executing detailed research to support new market access across a number of areas, from customers and product, to laws and regulations.
- Producing impactful and high quality documents to support communication with global regulators, investors, and internal stakeholders.
- Supporting the global logistics for the team, including organising events and meetings or travel for our senior team.
- Helping organise and prepare for meetings with providers, regulators, investors and other third parties.
- Managing the team’s suppliers, contractors and advisors, ensuring that budget and spend are tracked carefully, and Monzo is getting the best deal!
We’re a small and friendly team, and enjoy working collaboratively on difficult, interesting problems – we’d want you to contribute and get stuck in with us.
You’ll also have a lot of freedom to shape your own progression path over time, with support from your manager. We’ll encourage you to get involved with a wide range of projects, working alongside the other members of the wider Monzo team, and we’ll give you lots of responsibility early on. We will expect you to manage your own work, as well as work streams within some of our projects. As you develop you should expect to progress to managing projects of your own.
You should apply if:
- You love taking the initiative and driving things forward, without being told what to do
- You’re a fast learner, quickly assimilate new information, and take a structured approach to problem solving
- You’re commercially minded, and understand how business decisions can cause a financial impact
- You’re in your element understanding and summarising complex problems, whether it’s based on regulation, legal opinions, business processes or even payment systems
- You’re highly numerate and data oriented, and have experience of working with spreadsheets and / or other financial / quantitative based analysis
- You are keen to learn and develop, and aren’t worried about doing a range of tasks to support the team reach its objectives!
- You may have a few years of work experience and have an appetite to learn and develop, and specifically:
- If you’re looking to make the jump into startup life after a few years in a corporate setting this is the role for you (e.g. if you've completed a consulting, banking or a corporate graduate scheme)
- Alternatively you might already work at a startup in an operations, strategy or business role, and are looking for a new challenge with lots of growth potential!
- What we’re doing at Monzo excites you!