We're looking for an Data Science Director in Operations excited to help build the bank of the future. You'll have the opportunity to grow and develop a world class operations analytics team which has a real impact on your colleagues and on millions of users.
At Monzo, we're building a bank that is fair, transparent and a delight to use. We’re growing extremely fast and have over 3 million customers in the UK, with over 250,000 new people joining every month. We’ve built a product that people love and more than 80% of our growth comes from word of mouth and referrals.
Our Data discipline's mission is to
Enable Monzo to Make Better Decisions, Faster
We have a strong culture of data-driven decision making across the whole company. And we're great believers in powerful, real-time analytics and empowerment of the wider business. All our data lives in one place and is super easy to use. 90% of day-to-day data-driven decisions are covered by self-serve analytics through Looker which gives data analysts the head space to focus on more impactful business questions and analyses.
Where we can, we operate cross-functional squads where every data analyst is a member of a central data discipline and is fully embedded into a business operations team (e.g. Risk, Customer Support, Complaints, Financial Difficulties etc.)
As part of your role, you'll:
- Grow and develop a discipline of exceptional data analysts who are embedded into various operational business teams
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our products and how we can operated more effectively and more efficiently
- Guide and enable business operations teams to measure things that matter
- Liaise with engineers to keep making sure we collect the right data to produce relevant business insights
You should apply if:
- What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
- You have people mentoring/developing experience in formal or informal capacity and you really enjoy that part of the job
- You're impact driven and eager to have a real positive impact on the company, product, users and very importantly your colleagues as well
- You're commercially minded and can put numbers into business perspective
- You’re as comfortable getting hands-on as taking a step back and thinking strategically
- You have a self-starter mindset; you proactively identify issues and opportunities and tackle them without being told to do so
- You're a team player whom your colleagues can rely on
- You have solid grounding in SQL and preferably Python
Nice to haves:
- You have multiple years of analytics experience, preferably in a fast moving tech company
We can help you relocate to London & we can sponsor visas.
We offer equity and competitive salaries based on skills and experience.
Our interview process is normally a phone interview with a recruiter, an initial call, a take home task, and 2-3 hours of onsite interviews. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
Questions about this role? Head over to our careers page to read our FAQs (www.monzo.com/careers)