At Monzo we believe there’s a better way to do banking - we care deeply about our customers, are innovative and execute quickly.
We’re looking to revolutionise the way consumers manage their finances by putting them in control and promoting their financial wellbeing. We are developing lending products that genuinely feel good and are looking for highly intelligent and creative individuals to help us on our journey.
You should apply if:
- You have a solid understanding of lending product economics including an appreciation of all aspects of the customer lifecycle from acquisition, underwriting, account management right through to collections and recoveries
- You have a reasonable understanding of the regulations that apply to lending product development
- You have a solid understanding of how lending products work to generate profit including experience of building and using tools like Customer Lifetime Value and/or Net Present Value modelling and how income and losses are recognised on the P&L
- You have strong analytical skills: SQL is a must, R, Python, VBA and similar are a plus
- You can work in an extremely fast-paced startup environment
- You are motivated by impact
- You are keen to learn
- You are a good communicator who’s able to articulate complex information
- You are able to build strong, mutually respectful relationships with diverse teams
- You are extremely self-motivated and can work autonomously
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and can think from first principles
- You’re happy taking an MVP approach and doing what’s good enough for now
You'll spend your time:
- Guiding and enabling product teams to measure things that matter; initiate or help run A/B experiments to keep improving everything we do
- Applying your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our products and how those insights can inform our product strategy
- Liaising with engineers to keep making sure we collect the right data to produce relevant product insights
- Providing insight into various lending markets using quantitative data available and evaluating profitability dynamics within each of the markets to help us decide which products and features to build
- Assessing how the lending portfolio of particular products will perform over time
- Ensuring all reporting is in place to allow us to manage our lending portfolio (e.g. credit control reporting, provisioning, monitoring our compliance to Risk Appetite etc.)
- Ensuring any changes in KPIs are well understood and explained to stakeholders
- Ensuring we operate in a well governed, compliant and customer-centric way
- Facilitating data-driven decision making whenever possible
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a practical written exercise and then on-site interviews at our office in London.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can – whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
Competitive salary plus stock options and other benefits.