We’re looking for an empathetic leader to help us build and grow the best design team in the world
We’re working for and with our users to build a bank that’s fair, transparent and a delight to use. You’ll be working with a team designing a product that’s part of day to day life for more than two million people already, and your work here will help us scale much further, ensuring a high bar of quality for design and a focus on solving user problems as we grow.
How you’ll contribute:
- Manage designers who work embedded in independent product squads, working on all the surfaces that make up a user’s experience with Monzo.
- Collaborate with your peers in leadership within Product, Engineering and Data Science to define a strategic vision for what we build, helping focus on solving user problems.
- Help set clear development goals for your team, and regularly check in on progress.
- Help designers define their career paths, identify opportunities and level up to do the best work of their lives.
- Hire and develop more managers and designers as we grow.
- Represent us publicly in the ways that feel natural to you: writing, speaking, or running events in order to share what we do.
You should apply if:
- You’ve managed designers before!
- You’re passionate about developing designers’ skills and careers.
- You really understand how software is built.
- You inspire and motivate people to do their best work fully aligned with business goals.
- You know how to grow and hire new leaders.
- You’re product-minded and intensely customer-focused.
- You care about design all the way from a strategic level down to design details and getting the pixels right.
- You’re a skilled communicator and know how to work with independent teams.
- You know how to balance quick wins and bigger, more impactful pieces of work.
- You love change and know how to manage it.
We’ve gone through several phases of growth at Monzo, and we’re about to go through several more. It’s thrilling and a bit unpredictable, and we like it that way. Join us!
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can - whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
This role is based in London, UK.