At Monzo we do things differently: we care deeply about our customers and we believe there’s a better way to do banking. We want to be the best possible bank without getting stuck in the old ways of doing things.
We’re starting to reach the point where we can build really smart and insightful models to help us delight our customers across all touch-points. We need models which are technically outstanding (highly predictive, stable and long-lasting), but more importantly which have phenomenal impact. They need to help us meet our customers needs and exceed their expectations whilst also helping us achieve our commercial goals as a business. This is where you come in.
You'll spend your time:
- Designing innovative solutions to help manage credit losses before we have enough data for full in-house models (e.g. using bureau retros for ‘look-a-like’ populations/ products, using our customers performance at other lenders received via monthly batch updates, deploying techniques such as decision trees and boot-strapping to allow us to get scoring insights earlier etc...).
- Deploying best-in-class segmented credit models and credit decision processes to increase acceptance rates, control credit losses to match our risk appetite and make sure we lend responsibly
- Ensuring that we capture all data needed to deliver outstanding credit models in future, including designing and using ‘full spectrum’ testing where necessary to ensure scorecard ‘blind-spots’ are avoided.
- Analysing data to drive insights that would produce better customer outcomes and deliver them by creating new rulesets/decision processes
- Growing and developing a team of exceptional decision scientists who work at the intersection of data and lending
- Communicating our credit modelling strategy across the business
- Ensuring we operate in a compliant, customer-centric way
- Facilitating data-driven decisions wherever possible
You should apply if:
- You have people mentoring/developing experience in formal or informal capacity and you really enjoy that part of the job
- You have strong technical experience creating automated decision processes for consumer credit products such as credit risk scorecards, affordability estimators, policy rule models and other credit decision processes
- You have a solid grounding in SQL and experience either with Python/SAS/R
- You have a passion for data and problem solving
- You can work in a fast paced start-up environment
- You are self-motivated and you can work autonomously
- You’re excited about the future of banking and want to work with us to shape it
- You are keen to learn and motivated by impact
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a practical written exercise followed by on-site interviews at our office in London.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can – whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
Competitive salary plus stock options and other benefits.