At Monzo we do things differently: we care deeply about our customers and are innovative. We believe there’s a better way to do banking. We want to be the best possible bank without getting stuck in the old ways of doing things.
We are looking to revolutionise the way consumers manage their finances by putting them in control and promoting their financial wellbeing. To do so, we are currently building a best-in-class Credit Decision Engine and are looking for highly intelligent and creative individuals to help us on our journey.
You'll spend your time:
- Growing and developing a team of exceptional data scientists who work at the intersection of data and lending
- Deploying best-in-class segmented credit models and credit decision processes to increase acceptance rates, control credit losses to match our risk appetite and make sure we lend responsibly
- Analysing data to drive insights that would produce better customer outcomes and deliver them by creating new rulesets/decision processes
- Communicating our strategy across the business
- Ensuring we operate in a compliant, customer-centric way
- Facilitating data-driven decisions wherever possible
You should apply if:
- You have people mentoring/developing experience in formal or informal capacity and you really enjoy that part of the job
- You have strong technical experience creating automated decision processes for consumer credit products such as credit risk scorecards, affordability estimators, policy rule models and other credit decision processes
- You have excellent SQL skills
- You have a passion for data, machine learning and problem solving
- You can work in an extremely fast paced start-up environment
- You’re able to build strong, mutually respectful relationships with diverse teams
- You are extremely self-motivated and you can work autonomously
- You’re excited about the future of banking and want to work with us to shape it
- You are motivated by impact
- You are keen to learn
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a practical written exercise followed by on-site interviews at our office in London.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can – whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
Competitive salary plus stock options and other benefits.