We’re looking for an empathetic graphic designer with a strong portfolio of work in both digital and print.
We’re building a bank for and with our users (more than 600,000 people already!) and your work here will shape the way all that lovely people interact and feel about their finances.
Projects you could work on:
- Evolve the design of the Monzo cards and work with our partners to make them a reality.
- Illustrate and animate the cutest things.
- Marketing campaigns.
- Stickers and swag.
- Office decorations and hiring materials for fairs.
- Push our visual brand language to the next level.
You’ll be part of the design team: we are a horizontal team within Monzo so we work closely with other teams to frame problems and help them to create the right solutions. As a team we’re small (considering the whole company is more than 300 people) so each of us really has a lot of impact on how Monzo looks and works.
We use Sketch for all our UI work, Adobe After Effects for animations and Adobe Illustrator for, well, illustrations. We’re quick to adopt better tools and processes, so you’ll be more than welcome to contribute all the good practices you’ve used before.
You should apply if:
- You value collaboration and are at your best when you’re part of a team.
- You understand that good design is not about trends but is built on top of principles and tradeoffs.
- You make well-reasoned design decisions understanding colour, light and materials.
- You have empathy for customer needs, but can also consider technical constraints and business goals.
- You can show us a portfolio with detailed examples of effective visual design.
- You are flexible; we’re a young startup and you’ll be designing lots of fun things.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can - whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.