We’re looking for an empathetic web designer with a strong portfolio of work to create tons of web-based contents in top of our flexible web framework.
We’re building a bank for and with our users (more than 800,000 people already!) and your work here will shape the way all that lovely people interact and feel about their finances.
Projects you could work on:
You’ll be part of the design team: we are a horizontal team within Monzo so we work closely with other teams to frame problems and help them to create the right solutions. As a team we’re small (considering the whole company is more than 350+ people) so each of us really has a lot of impact on how Monzo looks and works.
We use Sketch for all our UI work but you can work directly in HTML if that's how you roll, we really don't mind and we’re quick to adopt better tools and processes, so you’ll be more than welcome to contribute all the good practices you’ve used before.
You should apply if:
- You value collaboration and are at your best when you’re part of a team.
- You understand that good design is not about trends but is built on top of principles and tradeoffs.
- You have empathy for customer needs, but can also consider technical constraints and business goals.
- You can show us a portfolio with detailed examples of effective web design.
- You are flexible; we’re a young startup and you’ll be designing lots of fun things.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can - whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.