Hey, my name is Noah and I’m the CEO and founder of Monkedia. We are a hybrid team of ~50 across North America. Innovation is huge for us, and as we scale we're looking for someone to support our journey toward becoming a world-class design team, influencing design direction and helping designers to innovate.
Monkedia is an award-winning, full-service agency that is revolutionizing the way businesses grow. Since 2014, we have worked with some of today's biggest brands—Disney, ESPN, L'Oreal, the NFL, and more—through high-performance digital advertising and growth strategies. We deliver quantifiable results and are proven to help those we serve optimize faster and smarter. We leverage in-house AI and machine-learning, providing best-in-class digital marketing strategy, scaling companies to higher revenues at better profit ratios compared to anyone else.
Our Vision: We unlock unrealized potential to build brands that last.
We are guided by our Core Values:
- People - We care for each other. We communicate and are vulnerable. We provide balance and opportunity. We find JOY in what we do
- Integrity - We do what we say we'll do. We have a strong moral compass and do the right thing
- Results - Our impact is game-changing. We solve problems and celebrate quality
- Innovation - We’re curious and creative. We simplify. We seek truth and constantly evolve
- Growth - We are intentional and strategic. We grow our clients and ourselves
About the Role
In this leadership role, you will lead the visual production of innovative ad and marketing campaigns that resonate with key customer segments. You will be responsible for visually stunning creative and storytelling across channels, ever mindful of the customer journey. You’re someone who has the know-how and skills to work hands-on, owning the creative process from ideation through to execution.
In your first year you will:
- Set the foundation to create and improve the company’s creative team and its workflow to build a top-notch operation.
- Determine and understand the needs, interests, strengths and weaknesses of the design team and use this information to contribute to the growth and organizational development of the team.
- Work with the Creative team to deliver new and engaging campaigns that move our customers from need-to-want, moving the needle on brand awareness and consideration.
- Ensure design and execution of all branding elements, ensuring consistency and quality across all brands and mediums – reviewing work, troubleshooting issues and providing feedback to creative teams.
You probably come from a background where:
- You have 5 years of experience as an art director or digital designer.
- You have 3 years within an agency environment.
- You have a high proficiency in Google Workplace and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, Premiere, and XD)
- You are able to prioritize work and manage deadlines ensuring clean project and file management.
- You are highly adaptable, willing to try and learn through trial and error.
- You will ensure a seamless visual and creative journey for our customer at each touchpoint.
- You are able to identify actions necessary to achieve task completion and to obtain results while meeting schedules, deadlines and performance goals.
- You create innovative designs, staying up to date on the latest design standards, changes and trends.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in art, fine arts or design.
Bonus points if:
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are comfortable with start-up culture.
- You have a strong creative vision and understanding of client/agency business needs and objectives, with a strong understanding of a brand in different spaces.
- You are a flexible and collaborative team member with enormous emotional intelligence.
Why choose Monkedia?
- Health benefits from Day 1 (Canada)
- 4 weeks vacation/personal days at a minimum
- Flexibility - work from anywhere, 3 days per week, if desired - we’re digital-first
- Career Growth - We invest in your job training, professional development and continuing education. Pursue your interests and chart your growth towards new positions using our Job Matrix© for your current team or another one. Monkedia prefers to promote from within!
- Unique culture - every voice, idea, and action matters here. We’re a vision- and values-driven company
- We tell amazing stories, and we offer a TON of variety in work, projects, and experiences.
- Read what employees say about working at Monkedia - Glassdoor!
What to expect through the recruitment process
- Application: your application will be reviewed, and you'll hear back from us no matter what (no ghosting!)
- Hiring Manager Interview: a 60 minute virtual interview with Shane (VP, Strategy and Design), to dive deeper into our business and align your strengths and background to the problems we're looking to solve
- Final, Executive Interview: a 30-60 minute virtual interview with a couple of our most senior leaders to answer any final questions on either side
The Good Stuff
At Monkedia our culture is both creative and supportive. Our teams are passionate about what they do and work hard to achieve results. You will have the opportunity to work with exceptional people in a dynamic work environment with ample opportunities for advancement.
Monkedia also offers competitive base salary, health, dental, vision, life insurance, paramedical, and much more!
Finally, Monkedia values and celebrates diversity in its many forms. We strive to provide a collaborative and psychologically safe workplace where people feel respected, supported, and included.
Due to COVID-19 precautions, we are following a remote interview process.