Hey, my name is Noah and I’m the CEO and founder of Monkedia. We are a hybrid team of ~50 across North America. Innovation is huge for us, and as we scale we’re looking for an exceptionally talented, experienced, and collaborative person to join our creative team and produce best-in-class user-centric designs.
As a Digital Marketing Designer with Monkedia, you will collaborate with creative team members, from the Creative Director and Strategists to Copywriters and Designers, bringing fresh perspectives and strategic thinking by sharing design inspiration and references from the world.
You are an enthusiastic and flexible person with a curious mindset that appreciates popular culture and advocates for a design-driven approach. You will be given the opportunity to work with talented, passionate people who will challenge you to do your very best everyday.
Monkedia is an award-winning, full-service agency that is revolutionizing the way businesses grow. Since 2014, we have worked with some of today's biggest brands—Disney, ESPN, L'Oreal, the NFL, and more—through high-performance digital advertising and growth strategies. We deliver quantifiable results and are proven to help those we serve optimize faster and smarter. We leverage in-house AI and machine-learning, providing best-in-class digital marketing strategy, scaling companies to higher revenues at better profit ratios compared to anyone else.
Our Vision: We unlock unrealized potential to build brands that last.
We are guided by our Core Values:
- People - We care for each other. We communicate and are vulnerable. We provide balance and opportunity. We find JOY in what we do
- Integrity - We do what we say we'll do. We have a strong moral compass and do the right thing
- Results - Our impact is game-changing. We solve problems and celebrate quality
- Innovation - We’re curious and creative. We simplify. We seek truth and constantly evolve
- Growth - We are intentional and strategic. We grow our clients and ourselves
About the Role
In this role, you will work collaboratively with people both inside and outside the creative department to understand goals and contribute creative solutions for driving business growth. You will participate in brainstorming and kickoff meetings to develop innovative solutions. You will manage project requirements and take ownership of assigned projects from end-to-end, producing error free work.
In your first year you will:
- Start contributing to the continued evolution of the team by identifying opportunities for improvements and efficiencies.
- Bring thoughtful, strategic ideas to our client's business problems and translate them into best-in-class user experiences that drive results.
- Create elegant, holistic, and effective creative solutions and presentations that inspire internal and client teams alike.
- Work in a highly iterative, collaborative environment where people share work and contribute with a positive attitude.
You probably come from a background where:
- You have 3+ years of relevant work experience in digital marketing and design.
- You have a high level of proficiency within the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator and XD, or a collaborative interface design tool like Figma.
- Incredible at managing time while working on multiple projects.
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, advertising, and multimedia design.
- You have a post-Secondary Education, College/University Diploma/Degree, specializing in marketing and visual communications, graphic or creative design.
Bonus points if:
- You have the ability to work independently with a goal-orientated approach.
- You work well with others in a driven, social, and entrepreneurial environment.
- You are able to give and receive constructive feedback.
Why choose Monkedia?
- Health benefits from Day 1 (Canada)
- 4 weeks vacation/personal days at a minimum
- Flexibility - work from anywhere, 3 days per week, if desired - we’re digital-first
- Career Growth - We invest in your job training, professional development and continuing education. Pursue your interests and chart your growth towards new positions using our Job Matrix© for your current team or another one. Monkedia prefers to promote from within!
- Unique culture - every voice, idea, and action matters here. We’re a vision- and values-driven company
- We tell amazing stories, and we offer a TON of variety in work, projects, and experiences.
- Read what employees say about working at Monkedia - Glassdoor!
What to expect through the recruitment process
- Application: your application will be reviewed, and you'll hear back from us no matter what (no ghosting!).
- Hiring Manager Interview: a 60 minute virtual interview with Jay or Jake, to dive into our business and align your strengths and background to the problems we're looking to solve.
- Exercise: a short take-home assignment that can be completed in an hour or so; this is a chance for you to showcase your skillset.
- Final, Executive Interview: a 30-60 minute virtual interview with a couple of our most senior leaders to answer any final questions on either side, and to discuss your exercise.
The Good Stuff
Monkedia’s culture is both creative and supportive. Our teams are passionate about what they do. They work hard and they win. Collaborate with our exceptional people in a dynamic work environment with ample opportunities for advancement.
Monkedia values and celebrates diversity in its many forms. We provide a collaborative and psychologically safe workplace where people feel respected, supported, and included.
Due to COVID-19 precautions, we are following a remote interview process.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment process, please specify your requirements to corey.bainerman@Monkedia.com when submitting your application and we will work with you to accommodate your needs.