At Monarch, we’re leading the digital transformation of farming. Monarch Tractors augment both muscle and mind. Our Monarch tractor is a fully-loaded hardware, software and service machine which will spur future generations of farming technologies.
With our farmer-first mentality, we are building a smart tractor that will enhance (not replace) the existing farm ecosystem, alleviate labor availability and cost issues, and provide an avenue for competitive organic and beyond farming by providing mechanical solutions to replace harmful chemical solutions. Despite all the bleeding-edge technology we will incorporate, our tractor will still plow, till, and haul better than any other tractor in its class. We have all the necessary ingredients to develop, build and scale the Monarch and digitally transform farming around the world.
About the role:
As a Strategic Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Manage and oversee the sourcing and negotiation process for all direct materials which include all raw materials and packaging.
- Proactively strategize with business and technical owners to understand the needs of the organization.
- Lead cross functional teams to develop meaningful requirements to ensure quality responses from suppliers.
- Research and develop adequate sources of supply.
- Lead cross functional supplier selection activities through management of formal RFP, RFQ and RFI processes.
- Evaluate the financial stability of potential suppliers.
- Perform required business analysis with a strategic focus on total cost of business, including downstream reliability and maintenance considerations.
- Provide fact-based recommendations to executive level management for constructing the best overall strategic make or buy decisions.
- Develop a 5-year long-range supply plan that encompasses risk assessment and levers to increase capacity across all raw materials and suppliers to enable product growth and new product introductions.
- Independently develop a strategic category strategy based on an understanding of business goals and objectives, the supply market and competitive bench marking.
- Establish a supplier performance management process to manage and accelerate supplier business performance and relationships.
- Continuously seek out cost savings opportunities and lead efforts to realize those savings.
- Ensure continuity of supply by executing risk management strategies
- Monitor and forecast internal demand as well as external supplier and market trends to identify and mitigate risks for continuity of supply and capacity growth objectives
- Ensure strong supplier performance towards objectives (delivery, quality, cost, lead time, and capacity)
- Lead the procurement activities in the engineering change order process
- Negotiate and manage long-term pricing agreements, quality agreements, master supplier agreements, and other contracts as required, leveraging company-wide objectives and driving key negotiation points to a successful resolution
- Identify, develop, and implement new supply chain related business processes to support the company growth
Come join a world class multi-disciplinary engineering team in our quest to digitize the farming experience by making the vehicle smart, connected, and simple.
We are developing the most robust and reliable enterprise class infrastructure that will run game-changing farm equipment. You will solve some of the most challenging problems in the industry and change the way we farm and deliver food.
Ideal Candidate would have:
- 2-5 years of experience as a Sourcing Manager or Procurement Manager
- Familiarity with PLM & ERP Systems
- Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement
- Strong project management, leadership and negotiation skills
- Ability to negotiate and sustain internal and external relationships
- Utilize a data-based approach to decision-making
- Attained at least a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Ability to travel 25-50%
What you’ll get:
At Monarch Tractor, you’ll play a key role on a capable, dedicated, high-performing team of rock stars. Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, excellent health, dental and vision benefits and company equity commensurate with the role you’ll play in our success. The role will be based in the San Francisco bay area.
In addition to building outstanding products, we’re building an outstanding company with culture to match. Part of what we do is being in our element, which is being on the farm. We will be spending lots of time in Napa, Sonoma, Monterey and the central coast of California--perfecting our craft, mastering our environment, building our team camaraderie, and also taking time to enjoy the fruits of our labor.
At Monarch, we cherish and celebrate every individual's difference. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or another legally protected status.