At Monarch, we’re leading the digital transformation of farming. The Monarch electric tractor is a fully-loaded hardware, software and service machine which will spur future generations of farming technologies.
With our farmer-first mentality, we are building a smart tractor that will enhance (not replace) the existing farm ecosystem, alleviate labor availability and cost issues, and provide an avenue for competitive organic and beyond farming by providing mechanical solutions to replace harmful chemical solutions. Despite all the bleeding-edge technology we will incorporate, our tractor will still plow, till, and haul better than any other tractor in its class. We have all the necessary ingredients to develop, build and scale the Monarch and digitally transform farming around the world.
About the role:
- Assisting with the design and execution of social media campaigns
- Creating weekly and monthly editorial calendars to promote company brands on various social media channels
- Creating and distributing content such as blogs, info graphics, videos and press releases on social media and traditional news outlets
- Assisting with tracking of social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability
- Supporting marketing team in the creation of online events
- Supporting the marketing team in the planning of launch event and option to support marketing team at events
- Other tasks as assigned
Join our passionate team as we promote game-changing technology that will revolutionize sustainable farming practices. This is a great opportunity to work with a Silicon Valley start-up to gain knowledge of the fast paced tech landscape. Grow your resume and develop your skills with one-on-one mentor-ship with the head of Marketing. Successful interns will have the opportunity to apply for a Marketing Assistant position.
Ideal Candidate would have:
- Proven written communication skills, and a passion for writing both short- and long-copy.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- Experience or education in marketing, communications, social media or reputation management;
- Experience with growing a social media channel.
- Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Instagram and Facebook) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Proactive, and positive attitude
- Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn;
- An ability to prioritize work and complete tasks with quick turnaround times.
- The ability to work collaboratively with a team.
Nice to have:
- Continuing education, working towards a degree in digital communications or related field such as advertising or Journalism
- Experience with growing a social media brand.
- Experience with content management systems, word processor applications and image/video editing software.
- Passion for sustainability, innovative technologies, and agriculture.
What you’ll get:
At Monarch Tractor, you’ll play a key role on a capable, dedicated, high-performing team of rock stars. This role offers a total immersion into a busy tech startup culture and a successful candidate will work closely with key members of staff, external social media consultants, and the agency’s clients and candidates to learn about social media, digital communications and marketing in the Agtech environment.
In addition to building outstanding products, we’re building an outstanding company with culture to match. Part of what we do is being in our element, which is being on the farm. We will be spending lots of time in Napa, Sonoma, Monterey and the central coast of California--perfecting our craft, mastering our environment, building our team camaraderie, and also taking time to enjoy the fruits of our labor.
At Monarch, we cherish and celebrate every individual's difference. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or another legally protected status.