At Monarch, we’re leading the digital transformation of farming. Monarch Tractors augment both muscle and mind. Our Monarch tractor is a fully-loaded hardware, software and service machine which will spur future generations of farming technologies.
With our farmer-first mentality, we are building a smart tractor that will enhance (not replace) the existing farm ecosystem, alleviate labor availability and cost issues, and provide an avenue for competitive organic and beyond farming by providing mechanical solutions to replace harmful chemical solutions. Despite all the bleeding-edge technology we will incorporate, our tractor will still plow, till, and haul better than any other tractor in its class. We have all the necessary ingredients to develop, build and scale the Monarch and digitally transform farming around the world.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Integration Engineer to work on system integration, hands-on debug, and CAN bus / CAN bus Diagnostics tools for controls and algorithm development of our smart tractor.
In this role, you will:
- Write control algorithms to interface with the tractor hardware (mostly using Simulink and some ROS), and troubleshoot functionality directly on the hardware.
- Build various controls related to steering, velocity control, and all other parts of hardware.
- Work with cross-functional teams to build and fine tune interfaces.
- Participate in product requirement definitions, design reviews, system integrations and troubleshooting
- Improve electrical and control system stability, availability, robustness, and performance
- Have an opportunity to work with internal teams and external vendors to investigate, optimize, customize, and update critical components of functionality
- Occasionally work at our customer sites to test, debug, and enhance end-to-end product experience
- Support electrical design and integration
- Test and debug at the component, subsystem, full tractor, and fleet levels
Come join a world class multi-disciplinary engineering team in our quest to digitize the farming experience by making the vehicle smart, connected, and simple.
We are developing the most robust and reliable enterprise class infrastructure that will run game-changing farm equipment. You will solve some of the most challenging problems in the engineering industry and change the way we farm and deliver food.
Ideal Candidate would have:
- Engineering Bachelor of Science or higher
- Minimum 2+ years of experience
- Familiarity with wire harness schematic design
- Experience with CAN bus and CAN bus Diagnostics tools
- Experience with Controls and Algorithm development
- Understanding of and experience with fundamentals of controls thinking (PID, filters, etc.)
- Ability to diagnose, analyze, and resolve issues with a hands on approach
- Experience with Simulink and Model Based Design
- Experience with ROS
- Familiarity with vehicle and/or tractor dynamics and integration
- Understanding of hydraulic system control
- Robotics/mechatronics experience
- Strong understanding of Electrical Engineering
What you’ll get:
At Monarch Tractor, you’ll play a key role on a capable, dedicated, high-performing team of rock stars. Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, excellent health, dental and vision benefits and company equity commensurate with the role you’ll play in our success. The role will be based in the San Francisco bay area.
In addition to building outstanding products, we’re building an outstanding company with culture to match. Part of what we do is being in our element, which is being on the farm. We will be spending lots of time in Napa, Sonoma, Monterey and the central coast of California--perfecting our craft, mastering our environment, building our team camaraderie, and also taking time to enjoy the fruits of our labor.
At Monarch, we cherish and celebrate every individual's difference. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or another legally protected status.