At Monarch, we’re leading the digital transformation of farming. Tractors originally replaced livestock, but today we need them to replace people. Our Monarch tractor is a fully-loaded hardware, software and service machine which will spur future generations of farming technologies.
With our farmer-first mentality, we are building a smart tractor that will enhance (not replace) the existing farm ecosystem, alleviate labor availability and cost issues, and provide an avenue for competitive organic and beyond farming by providing mechanical solutions to replace harmful chemical solutions. Despite all the bleeding-edge technology we will incorporate, our tractor will still plow, till, and haul better than any other tractor in its class. We have all the necessary ingredients to develop, build and scale the Monarch and digitally transform farming around the world.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Android software engineer to work on core frameworks, middleware, and system software of our Human-Machine-Interface and vehicle gateway,
In this role, you will:
- Lead the design, development, integration and testing of the Android based vehicle middleware
- Build various software modules, services and features in the areas of vehicle life cycle management, IoT, Video, connectivity, and security etc.
- Work with cross-functional teams and build APIs and interfaces to cloud, autonomy and vehicle subsystems
- Participate in defining product requirements, design reviews, system integrations and troubleshooting
- Improve stability, availability and performance for robustness and excellent user experience
- Have an opportunity to work with device vendors to investigate, optimize, customize and update critical components of AOSP based OS
- Occasionally work at our customer sites to test, debug and enhance end-to-end product
Come join a world class multi-disciplinary engineering team in our quest to digitize the farming experience by making the vehicle smart, connected, and simple.
We are developing the most robust and reliable enterprise class infrastructure and application software that will run game-changing farm equipment. You will solve some of the most challenging problems in the software and systems space and change the way we farm and deliver food.
Ideal Candidate would have:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience
- Experience with Android OS architecture, AOSP and CDD
- Experience with multimedia frameworks for Video, Graphics and display
- Experience with Android middleware and system services using multi-threading
- Understanding of and experience with connectivity/networking technologies - TCP/IP, WiFi, GigE, 4G/LTE, BLE etc.
- Ability to diagnose, analyze, and resolve OS and middleware issues
- Experience with IoT/MQTT, REST APIs, interaction with backend/cloud
- Expertise in Java, C++, Kotlin
- Strong understanding of OOP
- Experience with agile software development
Nice to have:
- Experience with IVI, V2X systems
- Experience with HMI, or video STB or smart device running Android
- Experience with ffmpeg/GStreamer, mediaplayer/videoview/exoplayer
- Ability to evaluate software components from OEMs
- Experience with Project Treble
- Experience working in early stage startup and with remote teams
- Willingness to work in outdoor environment
What you’ll get:
At Monarch Tractor, you’ll play a key role on a capable, dedicated, high-performing team of rock stars. Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, excellent health, dental and vision benefits and company equity commensurate with the role you’ll play in our success. The role will be based in the San Francisco bay area.
In addition to building outstanding products, we’re building an outstanding company with culture to match. Part of what we do is being in our element, which is being on the farm. We will be spending lots of time in Napa, Sonoma, Monterey and the central coast of California--perfecting our craft, mastering our environment, building our team camaraderie, and also taking time to enjoy the fruits of our labor.
At Monarch, we cherish and celebrate every individual's difference. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or another legally protected status.