At Monarch, we’re leading the digital transformation of farming. Tractors originally replaced livestock, but today we need them to replace people. Our Monarch tractor is a fully-loaded hardware, software and service machine which will spur future generations of farming technologies.
With our farmer-first mentality, we are building a smart tractor that will enhance (not replace) the existing farm ecosystem, alleviate labor availability and cost issues, and provide an avenue for competitive organic and beyond farming by providing mechanical solutions to replace harmful chemical solutions. Despite all the bleeding-edge technology we will incorporate, our tractor will still plow, till, and haul better than any other tractor in its class. We have all the necessary ingredients to develop, build and scale the Monarch and digitally transform farming around the world.
About the role:
- Develop, implement, and manage sales strategy and goal planning for Monarch Tractor in each territory (Napa/Sonoma, Salinas Valley, San Joaquin Valley).
- Prospects new business by determining focus areas within territory, setting up presentations, and utilizing group engagement opportunities.
- Maximize the customer value by selling fleets, implements, critical spare parts, services, and data applications.
- Set up event opportunities for ‘ride and drives’, live demos and industry exposure opportunities
- Maintain self-education on Monarch Tractor and the agriculture equipment industry.
- Maintain an aggressive engagement pace.
- Keep thorough and up to date notes on all existing and target accounts.
- Lead the prospecting process – find customers whose mission identifies with our product.
- Take lead on all customer-facing communication and strategy.
- Develop, cultivate and take lead by achieving new large volume “commercial fleet” accounts contributing a significant impact to the sales region.
- Responsible for a selection high priority accounts.
- Operate as the territory-lead with all Sales Representative personnel that are placed in markets to support growth.
- Partner with marketing manager and engineering to improve demonstrations and drive market feedback into the product.
- CLOSE, collect deposits and be a rock star.
- Must be adaptable and able to work well and relate effectively with people at all organization levels especially the technical team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of product sales experience—farming equipment a BIG plus with demonstrated sales growth achievements.
- Must be a hunter, aggressive and persistent
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with broad cross functional teams is imperative.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment with a sense of urgency.
What you’ll get:
At Monarch Tractor, you’ll play a key role on a capable, dedicated, high-performing team of rock stars. Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, excellent health, dental and vision benefits and company equity commensurate with the role you’ll play in our success. The role will be based in the San Francisco bay area.
In addition to building outstanding products, we’re building an outstanding company with culture to match. Part of what we do is being in our element, which is being on the farm. We will be spending lots of time in Napa, Sonoma, Monterey and the central coast of California--perfecting our craft, mastering our environment, building our team camaraderie, and taking time to enjoy the fruits of our labor.
At Monarch, we cherish and celebrate every individual's difference. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or another legally protected status.