At Monarch, we’re leading the digital transformation of farming. Tractors originally replaced livestock, but today we need them to replace people. Our Monarch tractor is a fully-loaded hardware, software and service machine which will spur future generations of farming technologies.
With our farmer-first mentality, we are building a smart tractor that will enhance (not replace) the existing farm ecosystem, alleviate labor availability and cost issues, and provide an avenue for competitive organic and beyond farming by providing mechanical solutions to replace harmful chemical solutions. Despite all the bleeding-edge technology we will incorporate, our tractor will still plow, till, and haul better than any other tractor in its class. We have all the necessary ingredients to develop, build and scale the Monarch and digitally transform farming around the world.
About The Role:
We are looking for an exceptional Sr. UX/Product Designer. Do you find yourself obsessing over the latest interactive design trends and technologies? Do you find it easy to paint the big picture in addition to getting your hands dirty in the details? We are looking for a talented designer to create compelling and thoughtful user experiences and product design for our entire product which includes HMI, iOS, Android and Web platforms.
- Execute UX vision utilizing motion and prototypes as a primary means of delivery
- Visually express brand vision and definition through user interface design for smart tractor experiences
- Apply a keen sensibility around layout, color, typography and behavior in expressing design executions
- Exhibit passion for emerging technologies, new interaction models, product design, and excellence in visual design
- Demonstrate strong collaboration, communication, and organization skills
- Ability to balance work within a fluid creative design environment and with tight timelines & engineering frameworks
- Coordinate interface solutions with Program Managers and Product Managers for specific assignments
- Utilize software skills in latest versions of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision Cloud, Invision DSM and UX prototyping tools
- Employ a systematic approach to solving large, complex design challenges
- Pivot mindset from creative-thinker to production mindset to expose implementation efficiencies and reduce design debt
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Fearlessly deliver best-in-class designs that engineers are excited to build
- Quickly develop, iterate, and maintain user flows, mockups, and specs
- Develop light-weight prototypes, A/B tests, and other discovery tools
- Lead user-centered research initiatives to help inform your vision
- Bachelor's degree in Interactive design, Communication/Graphic Design, UX Design or related field
- 5+ years of professional UX/UI Product Design experience OR in lieu of professional work experience, an advanced design degree
- Exceptional visual design skills with sensitivity to intelligent system interactions
- Prototyping abilities (e.g. Invision, Flinto, Framer, HTML/CCS, After Effects)
- Versed in Human-Centered design thinking approach, techniques and philosophy
- Automotive UI/HMI experience is preferred, candidates that have strong creative work experience in digital product design solutions are a fit
- Experience in Agriculture space
- Experience with tools like Jira, Confluence, Aha and others
- Current with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Knowledge of Agile scrum or other lean methodologies
- Experience working in a startup a big plus
What you’ll get:
At Monarch Tractor, you’ll play a key role on a capable, dedicated, high-performing team of rock stars. Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, excellent health, dental and vision benefits and company equity commensurate with the role you’ll play in our success. The role will be based in the San Francisco bay area.
In addition to building outstanding products, we’re building an outstanding company with culture to match. Part of what we do is being in our element, which is being on the farm. We will be spending lots of time in Napa, Sonoma, Monterey and the central coast of California--perfecting our craft, mastering our environment, building our team camaraderie, and also taking time to enjoy the fruits of our labor.
At Monarch, we cherish and celebrate every individual's difference. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or another legally protected status.