At Monarch, we’re leading the digital transformation of farming. Tractors originally replaced livestock, but today we need them to replace people. Our Monarch tractor is a fully-loaded hardware, software and service machine which will spur future generations of farming technologies.
With our farmer-first mentality, we are building a smart tractor that will enhance (not replace) the existing farm ecosystem, alleviate labor availability and cost issues, and provide an avenue for competitive organic and beyond farming by providing mechanical solutions to replace harmful chemical solutions. Despite all the bleeding-edge technology we will incorporate, our tractor will still plow, till, and haul better than any other tractor in its class. We have all the necessary ingredients to develop, build and scale the Monarch and digitally transform farming around the world.
About the role:
You will be responsible for design, release and launch of the critical hardware subsystems that make our package revolutionary for farming technology. You will be part of the team that creates and executes world-class transmissions, battery packs, driveline, seating, structures and whatever else we can throw at you. The engineer’s responsibilities include design, analysis, sourcing, prototyping, testing, vehicle assembly validation, quality control, engineering documentation, and more. The engineer must have a strong understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals and is expected to learn quickly while managing their projects with minimal oversight. During the design process an emphasis is placed on going beyond the status quo to make the best product in terms of cost, mass, and performance. Hands-on skills are necessary for engineering development work and addressing production issues. Some travel to suppliers is required, including international travel.
- Develop and optimize designs in 3D CAD software with associated CAE tools
- Validate manufacturing, assembly, and service feasibility
- Complete and release component designs and documentation, including 2D drawings
- Validate components per defined engineering requirements
- Resolve issues and concerns with cross-functional teams including engineering, supply chain, production, and service
- Participate in the sourcing process and manage engineering relationships with suppliers
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 3 years of experience in a relevant engineering field
- Track record of exceptional engineering ability
- Experience with component design, analysis, sourcing, and validation (aluminum and steel manufacturing processes is a plus)
- Proficiency in a 3D CAD software (Solidworks is a plus)
- Basic knowledge of GD&T (proficiency is a plus)
What you’ll get:
At Monarch Tractor, you’ll play a key role on a capable, dedicated, high-performing team of rock stars. Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, excellent health, dental and vision benefits and company equity commensurate with the role you’ll play in our success. The role will be based in the San Francisco bay area.
In addition to building outstanding products, we’re building an outstanding company with culture to match. Part of what we do is being in our element, which is being on the farm. We will be spending lots of time in Napa, Sonoma, Monterey and the central coast of California--perfecting our craft, mastering our environment, building our team camaraderie, and also taking time to enjoy the fruits of our labor.
At Monarch, we cherish and celebrate every individual's difference. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or another legally protected status.