At Monarch, we’re leading the digital transformation of farming. Tractors originally replaced livestock, but today we need them to replace people. Our Monarch tractor is a fully-loaded hardware, software and service machine which will spur future generations of farming technologies.
With our farmer-first mentality, we are building a smart tractor that will enhance (not replace) the existing farm ecosystem, alleviate labor availability and cost issues, and provide an avenue for competitive organic and beyond farming by providing mechanical solutions to replace harmful chemical solutions. Despite all the bleeding-edge technology we will incorporate, our tractor will still plow, till, and haul better than any other tractor in its class. We have all the necessary ingredients to develop, build and scale the Monarch and digitally transform farming around the world.
About the role:
As a controls and firmware engineer, you will be responsible for delivering high quality embedded code running on the processors at the heart of our novel powertrain, implements, sensors, electrical distribution and hydraulic system.
Come join a team of deeply knowledgeable engineers that strive to build the most robust and reliable embedded systems that run game-changing farm equipment. You will solve some of the most challenging problems in the embedded software space and change the way we farm and deliver food.
- Experience in embedded development in robotics, real-time controls, or system software.
- Experience with motors, motor controllers, power supplies, inverters / converters, and/or power electronics
- Fluent in Motion + control systems theory and physics
- Proficiency in C++, Real time operating systems (RTOS) and/or Matlab Simulink Coder
- Experience with communication protocols like Controller Area Network (CAN), USB, SPI, I2C, Ethernet, etc
- Fluent in software fundamentals including software design and maintainability.
- Experience with the embedded microprocessor tools.
- Controls software and algorithm development.
- Test driven development and familiarity with developer driven automated testing.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate complex technical concepts.
- Understanding of physics and basic principles is highly preferred.
- Experience with Nvidia controllers is a plus
- BS, MS or PhD in EE/CE/CS, or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability
What you’ll get:
At Monarch Tractor, you’ll play a key role on a capable, dedicated, high-performing team of rock stars. Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, excellent health, dental and vision benefits and company equity commensurate with the role you’ll play in our success. The role will be based in the San Francisco bay area.
In addition to building outstanding products, we’re building an outstanding company with culture to match. Part of what we do is being in our element, which is being on the farm. We will be spending lots of time in Napa, Sonoma, Monterey and the central coast of California--perfecting our craft, mastering our environment, building our team camaraderie, and also taking time to enjoy the fruits of our labor.
At Monarch, we cherish and celebrate every individual's difference. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or another legally protected status.