Monad Labs is a venture-backed tech startup building the Monad blockchain, a high-performance smart contract platform built to bring world adoption to decentralized apps. Monad combines unparalleled performance (10,000 transactions per second) with portability (full compatibility for Ethereum smart contracts), leveraging innovations in parallel execution and distributed consensus.
Founded by Jump Trading alums, our team solves challenging problems in distributed systems engineering and low-latency optimization, authoring novel open source code to implement a new, high-performance, high-reliability, high-value system.
After recently raising a $19 million seed round backed by Dragonfly Capital, Placeholder Capital, Naval Ravikant, and other leaders in the crypto space, we are hiring a few more exceptional engineers who want to work on challenging problems with massive impact in a fast-paced environment.
About the Role
We are hiring a Senior Software Engineer to research, design, and build core improvements to the blockchain protocol. Your work will involve distributed algorithms, cryptography, and consensus mechanisms. You will draw on previous experience in distributed systems or blockchain engineering, and will work as a vital member of a small, high-performing team.
What you'll do
- You’ll research, design, and build core improvements to the consensus mechanism, gossip protocol, state synchronization algorithm, leader election protocol, etc.
- You’ll devise experiments to test worst-case scenarios, and iterate on your design based on the results.
- You’ll design components while taking into account the behavior of other blockchain systems such as rollups, bridges, or staking systems.
- You’ll build performant system components from scratch in Rust.
Who you are
- You have at least 4 years of software engineering experience.
- You have backend engineering experience in Rust, Go, or C++/C
- You have excellent instincts for software architecture
- You value communication and collaboration
Why work with us
- You’ll work on extremely challenging problems with massive impact
- You’ll work with and learn from a small, exceptional team (bios here: https://monad.xyz/team)
- You’ll receive a competitive salary, along with equity
- You’ll shape the culture as an early employee and make impactful contributions from day one
- You’ll be part of a flat, results-driven organization
- Your work will be deeply impactful
Salary and benefits
Minimum full-time salary of $200,000. (**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary; a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
Monad Labs’ benefits include unlimited and encouraged paid time off; insurance coverage; home office equipment stipend; monthly wellness/fitness stipend; and 10 company-observed holidays.
The majority of our team is in NYC and works together three days a week. We are open to remote candidates, with a strong preference for candidates based in NYC.