Monad Labs is a venture-backed tech startup building the Monad blockchain, a high-performance layer-1 blockchain built to bring world adoption to decentralized apps. Monad combines unparalleled performance (10,000 transactions per second) with portability (full EVM equivalence), leveraging innovations in parallel execution and distributed consensus.
Founded by Jump Trading alums, our team solves challenging problems in distributed systems engineering and low-latency optimization, authoring novel open source code to implement a new, high-performance decentralized system. We are backed by some of the world’s leading investors, including Dragonfly Capital, Cobie, Hasu, and other leaders in the crypto space.
Our mission is to enable a new universe of decentralized apps—use cases and user flows that are currently impossible—by drastically reducing EVM computation costs. Ultimately, our work will unleash the power of decentralization to make the world more efficient and fair.
Who you are
- Resourceful and self-motivated
- Team oriented, collaborative, and a good communicator
- Adaptive; able to make meaningful contributions in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, organized and detail oriented
- “Host-mentality” - internal and external POC for all aspects of work experience and office needs
- A dog-lover; our office is dog-friendly
- 4-7 years of administrative or related experience preferred supporting C-level executives
- Organized and proficient in calendaring, communication and document management tools (Notion, G-Suite, Slack)
- Proven time management skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and work in a fast paced environment with limited supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Strong organization, project management and problem-solving skills
- Prior experience handling external stakeholders/schedules, along with internal stakeholders/schedules.
What you’ll be doing
- Plan events and work with executives to coordinate team off-sites, virtual events and team building activities.
- Coordinate international and domestic travel arrangements
- Be a contact for corporate visits of external clients and guests
- Ensure team and office operations run smoothly and be the onsite point of contact for vendors
- Manage, order, and organize office supplies inventory, catered lunches and refreshments
- Work closely with cross-functional leaders to identify opportunities to enhance a positive employee and workplace experience
- Support aspects of our office budget, track office related spend, and recommend cost savings when applicable
Why work with us
- Huge opportunity. EVM is ubiquitous but existing EVM-compatible chains are very slow. Monad’s core innovations offer devs the best of both worlds (portability and performance) and are a game-changer for mass user adoption in crypto.
- The right team. Pushing the limits of decentralized computation requires unique low-latency engineering talent. Our team has nearly ten years of experience staying at the top of brutally efficient TradFi markets by building ultra-low-latency distributed systems for high-frequency trading. We’re assembling a similarly world-class team in BD, Growth, DevRel, and Community. Check out our team here.
- Culture. We’re a lean team working closely together to achieve very ambitious goals. We are united in our belief that we will completely change the future of decentralized computation, and we take pride in our culture of collaboration and low ego. As an early member of our team, you’ll help continue to shape our culture.
- Impactful work. Your work will be deeply impactful, making decentralized computation orders of magnitude cheaper and more plentiful, ultimately paving the way for new dapps that improve many people’s lives.
- Compensation. You’ll receive a very competitive salary and equity package.
- Resources and growth. We’re well-capitalized, with backing from leading venture funds like Dragonfly and Placeholder, and from leaders in the space like Cobie and Hasu. We keep a lean team, and this is a rare opportunity to join. You’ll learn a lot and grow as our company scales.
We think you’ll enjoy working with us, and that you’ll find the work to be extremely impactful and challenging.
Salary and benefits
Minimum full-time salary of $85,000+. (**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary; a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
Monad Labs’ benefits include unlimited and encouraged paid time off; health coverage; home office equipment stipend; monthly wellness/fitness stipend; and 10 company-observed holidays.