As an early mover planning to offer key in-space transportation and infrastructure services, Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace, propulsion, and robotics engineers, Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
Momentus is providing in-space transportation services by building spacecraft that carry satellites and hosted payloads between orbits in space. We are seeking a Spacecraft Operations Engineer to help operate our fleet of spacecraft including mission ops planning, managing ground infrastructure, anomaly resolution. The ideal candidate should be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment, have experience operating spacecraft and enjoy collaborating with engineers from a broad spectrum of disciplines. This is an in-person role at our facility in San Jose.
- Develop spacecraft con-ops plans and simulations.
- Develop mission planning, orbit determination, and other software tools to support on-orbit operations.
- Assist with configuration and testing of flight software.
- Support spacecraft checkout and testing prior to launch.
- Support on-orbit operations and flight anomaly resolution activities
- Support spacecraft systems engineering team.
- Liaison with customers for hosted payload operations
- This position will occasionally require flexible working hours including nights and weekends to support spacecraft testing and operations.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience with automating spacecraft operations
- Experience planning and executing mission con-ops
- Experience with Python software development
- Experience with FreeFlyer, STK, or similar software tools for mission design, analysis, and planning
- Experience with using basic data analysis to validate system performance and identify anomalies.
- Experience interfacing with commercial ground station networks and a solid understanding of the ground to space communications chain
- Excellent technical communications skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of spacecraft avionics functions, failure modes and debugging strategies
- Understanding of orbital mechanics and orbit-determination strategies
- Experience simulating, testing, and debugging spacecraft guidance, navigation, and control systems.
Education & Work Experience:
- Minimum: BS in Engineering plus 2 years relevant experience
- Annual Base Salary Range: $ 100,000.00 - $ 140,000.00/per year
- Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. Your actual base salary will be determined on job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
This is a full-time position in San Jose, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.