As an early mover planning to offer key in-space transportation and infrastructure services, Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace, propulsion, and robotics engineers, Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
We are seeking an Electrical Systems Test Engineer to support spacecraft and subsystem testing. The ideal candidate should be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working on challenging problems. This role reports to the Test Department Head. This is an in-person role at our facility in San Jose.
- Develop deep understanding of the spacecraft design across all disciplines
- Support integration and testing of flight spacecraft
- Support qualification and acceptance testing of spacecraft subsystems
- Create test plans and procedures to validate spacecraft and subsystem performance
- Assist with flight software testing and validation
- Support on-orbit operations and flight anomaly resolution activities.
- Develop and maintain laboratory facilities for spacecraft testing
- Contribute to interface control documents (ICDs) and interface change notices (ICNs) from outside vendors for acceptance testing requirements
- Participate in non-conformance reports (NCRs), engineering change notices (ECNs), re-do drawings, and redlines during spacecraft build phase
- Contribute to continual process feedback and improvement, in particular for PLM/CM procedures and tools
- This position will occasionally require flexible working hours including nights and weekends to support spacecraft testing and operations.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Electrical Systems Engineering Design and Process Experience.
- Experience integrating and testing spacecraft avionics hardware.
- Experience working with embedded systems.
- Experience with embedded software regression testing.
- Experience using laboratory tools such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, network analyzers, and power supplies.
- Experience with test automation and scripting in python
- Experience using basic data analysis to validate system performance and identify anomalies.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent technical communications skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of spacecraft avionics functions, failure modes, and debugging strategies
- Knowledge of spacecraft operations, flight software qualification, and/or spacecraft GNC (Guidance, Navigation, and Control) a strong plus
- Working knowledge of spacecraft design and integration
- Exposure to configuration management concepts and implementations
- Exposure with model-based systems engineering concepts
- Experience with requirements management, validation, and verification
- Hands-on experience with digital, analog, and mixed signal electronics
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Annual Base Salary Range: $ 120,000.00 - $ 150,000.00/per year
- Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. Your actual base salary will be determined on job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
This is a full-time position in San Jose, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required.
Momentus is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Momentus is also an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, creed, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected class.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.