As an early mover planning to offer key in-space transportation and infrastructure services, Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace, propulsion, and robotics engineers, Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
We are seeking a Program Manager to support our Spacecraft Programs. The ideal candidate should be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working on
- Work as a team with Lead Systems Engineer for the entirety of a Spacecraft Program
- Work in a multidisciplinary teams to manage many smaller projects that feed into the Spacecraft Program
- Manage Program Master Schedule for a vehicle(s) program that span kick off through Launch Mission Operations
- Manage Program Master Budgets
- Plan for resource allocation needs and work with Department Managers for staffing
- Oversee execution and burndown of Program Risks
- Coordinate and collaborate with Assembly Integration and Testing leads on weekly direction and completion
- Continuous process improvement within the program management organization
- Strategize, implement, and maintain program initiatives that adhere to organizational objectives
- Provide weekly metrics to progress
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Daily: Driving execution across all teams
- Weekly: Direction for the week with week end completion status
- Monthly: Reporting integrated master schedule, budgets
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience in aerospace industry
- 5+ years in an advanced management role
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Outstanding working knowledge of change management principles and performance evaluation processes
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of spacecraft design and manufacturing
Education & Work Experience:
- BS degree in engineering, or related field
- 10+ year relevant experience
Compensation is commensurate with experience and training. This is a full-time position in San Jose, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.