As an early mover planning to offer key in-space transportation and infrastructure services, Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace, propulsion, and robotics engineers, Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
We are seeking a Spacecraft Mechanical Integration Technician to support assembly and integration for developmental and flight spacecraft. The ideal candidate should be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working in a cleanroom on flight hardware.
- Assemble, install, and inspect spacecraft mechanical assemblies by interpreting engineering drawings and specifications, written assembly instructions, and test procedures from component level to full spacecraft build.
- Support engineering with diagnosis, troubleshoot, and repair of mechanical spacecraft assemblies from component level to full spacecraft build.
- Support engineering with various component level and flight vehicle check outs including leak checks, and power-on system checks.
- Support payload handling and integration operations that includes handling of satellites.
- Operation of various lifting machinery such as forklift and crane.
- Perform spacecraft lifting and handling operations utilizing various slings and other mechanical lifting components per procedures.
- Perform assembly and check outs of various ground support equipment related to all spacecraft operations.
- Collaborate with Vehicle Lead Engineers to develop and document activities such as assembly work instructions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Basic computer skills with knowledge in Windows, Microsoft Office, etc.
- 3-5 years of experience working on aerospace or similar manufacturing assemblies that require high attention to detail and quality of workmanship.
- Must be proficient in the use of various aerospace tools and equipment such as torque wrenches, calipers, micrometers.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with a strong work ethic and close attention to detail with rapidly changing roles and responsibilities.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with Swagelok tools and applications
- Experience working in a clean room environment
- Ability to provide input to Engineering/Quality Control regarding better processes or improvements.
- Understanding and experience in environmental testing such as TVAC, and vibration.
Education & Work Experience:
- High School education plus 3-5 years of aerospace or similar manufacturing experience.
This is a full-time position in San Jose, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required
Momentus is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Momentus is also an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, creed, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected class.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.