As an early mover planning to offer key in-space transportation and infrastructure services, Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace, propulsion, and robotics engineers, Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
Thermal Engineer will participate in the thermal design and analysis of flight spacecraft and will follow programs through execution of assembly, integration, and test. The ideal candidate should be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment and quickly adapting to new challenges.
- Thermal design and analysis of spacecraft and spacecraft components.
- Thermal Design and analysis for Electronics packaging.
- Work with mechanical design engineers to ensure all components are maintained within acceptable temperature limits.
- Source, spec, and procure thermal hardware.
- Support TVAC testing.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience with detailed thermal analysis of spacecraft at the system and component levels.
- Familiarity with thermal hardware such as heat pipes, heat pumps, louvers, heat straps, phase change materials, and radiators.
- Familiarity with the space environment and how it affects hardware.
- Familiarity with material selection and material coatings for space applications.
- Self-starting, organized, and able to work independently or within a team framework.
- Excellent technical communications skills.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Understanding of thermal margins and defining requirements for thermal systems and components.
- Knowledge of Thermal Desktop to build and run thermal models of spacecraft in various space environments.
- Experience designing, manufacturing, and testing space hardware with demonstrated on-orbit success.
- A thorough understanding of the space thermal environment.
- Experience running TVAC tests.
Education & Work Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience
Compensation is commensurate with experience and training. This is a full-time position in San Jose, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.