Momentum Travel Group is a leading software development company driven by technology and innovation. Our FlightHub.com and JustFly.com brands have grown to be two of the largest online travel agencies in North America. Our team is the key to our success - we work hard and love what we do!
We are currently looking for a Scrum Master to join our team!
Both a strong leader and advocate for the adoption of Agile, a Scrum Master must be assertive about adherence to Agile processes and enthusiastic about Agile practices and their benefits. In this role you will be both an educator and a coach, and thus you must possess great interpersonal skills, teaching abilities, and a capacity to inspire and motivate.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 3+ years running scrum in an agile environment working with Product Owners, Team Leads and other Technical personnel;
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Management or related field;
- Technical background in a digital/web environment;
- Creative and analytical thinking, ability to make sound decisions with the information at hand
- Confident interpersonal & communication skills;
- Ability to work confidently with leaders at all levels of the organization;
- Scrum Master Certification considered an asset.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types and can constructively resolve problems;
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills;
- Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential, and champion change.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Scheduling and facilitating key agile ceremonies, such as stand-ups, product demos, retrospectives and planning;
- Supporting teams in identifying roadblocks that prevent the team from delivering on their initiatives;
- Ensure the teams are capable of self-organizing to deliver on what they commit to;
- Help teams minimize noise that prevents them from meeting their sprint commitments;
- Facilitates discussion between the team and the Product Owners to collaborate on creation and estimation of user stories;
- Increase the team’s agile fluency through coaching the team to embrace and embed lean and agile practices in their work;
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution;
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information;
- Enable the team to become self-organized and empowered teams that consistently deliver on their sprint commitments;
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
Visit our website to learn more about us or click here to see our benefits
If you know someone who could fit this job description, check out our referral program
(please note that additional responsibilities may apply)